- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada's Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Service Coordinator Department: New Brunswick Provincial Programs Competition: 5834 Internal/External: Internal/External Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent Location: Moncton, NB Salary: Starting $35,188 Reports To: Team Leader What's in it for you?
What makes us an employer of choice? We provide a work environment where people are respected and fulfilled both professionally and personally through healthy relationships, work-life balance and meaningful work. And because we're in the health business - paid benefits and perks to keep you at your very best!
We're looking for a team player- a motivated and analytical person to join our Provincial Programs team. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for analyzing, researching and taking the initiative for resolving and handling inquiries in a proactive and client focused manner. In addition to this, the Service Coordinator will support the Team Lead of Enrolment and ensure they are aware of any issues.
Your every day with us:
You will apply your conflict resolution skills in resolving issues that may occur in the enrollment and billing of New Brunswick Drug Plan customers. You will build strong relationships with members who are at risk of losing their coverage & assist them in ensuring they can maintain their coverage.
As well, you will:
- Support the day to day administrative activities surrounding enrollment and billing for members of the New Brunswick Drug Plan.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers, by handling their inquiries in an efficient manner.
- Play a key role in the development and documenting of enrolment and billing procedures.
- Ensure enrollment co-workers are knowledgeable of system updates required to maintain member accounts.
- Inform Inquiry staff of any updated billing and collection procedures to ensure the correct information is supplied to members.
- Handle incoming calls from inquiry regarding member questions, receive transferred call from our inquiry unit when necessary dealing directly with the member on the phone.
- Track all calls, and ensure client information is accurate and updated at all times.
- Maintain databases and producing reports.
- Perform outbound follow-up calls to potential, new and existing members, dealing with complex service issues with a professional and positive attitude.
- Quickly analyze customer needs in terms of their coverage and account, and identifying new and future client service opportunities.
- Present and articulate coverage features and benefits to potential, new and existing members.
- Cross train and provide back up support to others on the Enrolment team.
What you need to succeed:
- Post-secondary education in business/or administration will be beneficial.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in business and/or collections is an asset.
- An understanding of the insurance industry and knowledge in collection policies and procedures; have or working towards an insurance designation is considered an asset (LOMA, CEBS, GBA, ICA)
- Accuracy and attention to detail; Client focused.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Bilingualism is required for this position
Common goals and collaboration, that's what our team is all about, we offer:
- A diverse team of colleagues with multiple fields of expertise;
- A stimulating and flexible working environment;
- Comprehensive health and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day, providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts;
- An organization where we encourage personal learning and growth;
- If getting involved in charitable causes is something you're passionate about, we support and offer plenty of opportunities to give back;
- As a not-for profit organization we are dedicated to our purpose, we are focused on health outcomes and not profit, both in our everyday work and when we contribute to the community.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.