- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- OWEN SOUND CA
BWXT Canada Ltd. is a world leader in design, engineering, manufacture, construction and service of nuclear power generation equipment. As a supplier of innovative, high-quality nuclear components and services we cater to a worldwide customer base. We take great pride in supplying highly engineered solutions that allow our customers to compete within the complex nuclear power generation industry.
Shop Supervisor (12 - 18 month Contract)
We are recruiting for a Shop Supervisor (12 - 18 month Contract) for our facility in Owen Sound, ON. This is an 18-month contract with benefits.
The Shop Supervisor will lead and supervise the day-to-day activities of the shop personnel and ensure that all the company objectives are met in regards to safety, quality, productivity and cost.
Comply with safety mission:
• Hold safety meetings, perform monthly safety audits and issue work orders to maintain malfunctioning or unsafe machinery.
• Conduct Tool Box talks every morning to heighten awareness of safety during the work day and perform accident investigations as required.
• Ensure personal protective equipment (PPE) is in place as well as train employees on the use of PPE.
Manage shop personnel:
• Manage a unionized workforce according to the collective agreement, as well as maintain a professional relationship with employees.
• Motivate the team to achieve established performance targets.
• Responsible for hiring, training/developing and assessing of employees.
Achieve quality, productivity and cost objectives:
• Plan, organize, and coordinate work of employees within the department.
• Assign work, set expectations and accountability for completion.
• Ensure quality and timeliness of work is completed within budgeted parameters.
• Work with supporting departments to ensure appropriate documentation is in place and to resolve technical issues.
• Communicate with other Shop Supervisors to help achieve and maintain smooth work flow and a high degree of productivity.
What you'll bring to the table:
• Good general knowledge of heavy manufacturing fabrication processes (ie welding, fitting, machining, heat treat, etc.) acquired through a minimum of five years' experience.
• Solid coaching, leadership and team building abilities ideally acquired through previous supervisory experience.
• Proven problem solving and decision making abilities. Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and technical documentation and good knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook).
BWXT Canada is committed to fostering an accessible, fair, and inclusive environment where all employees are able to access goods and services while being respected and supported. If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please advise us ASAP so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact Human Resources.
BWXT Canada Ltd. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.