- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a self-directedenvironment and with a team. The candidate should have a broad understanding of software development concepts, but the following skills are required:
• Bachelor or Master of Science in CompSci or EE; Ph.D. in CompSci or EE preferred
• 7+ years C++ development experience
• 5+ years Stream Compute development experience
• Programming Languages: C++, C, OpenCL, HIP, CUDA
• Experience in driver level development
• Good expertise in Application Algorithm Development, Performance and Optimization procedures and tools
• Optimization and profiling understanding and experience
• Development tools/environment: Familiarity with CMake and other build scripting, GIT/Perforce, debugging tools
• Expertise in profiling applications and drivers, performance optimization methods, multi-threaded and highly parallel execution of processes
• Exposure to Machine Learning and Block Chain software is an asset
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
About the company
Our history is marked by a commitment to innovation that's truly useful to our customers — putting the real needs of people ahead of technical one-upmanship.
“Technology for technology's sake” is not the way we do business at AMD. AMD founder Jerry Sanders has always maintained, “customers should come first, at every stage of a company's activities.”
We believe that our more than four-decade company history bears that out.