- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Social Media Content & Community Manager, New Media
Filmed Entertainment Group
The Social Media Editor will have a deep passion for reality TV and be the focal point of the execution of our strategy, creating some of the most tweeted, gifed, snapped, memed, insta-storied posts in the country. Overseeing Canadian social output, (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms as required) the Social Media Editor will get to create like a fan, with the content access of a bona fide insider. But, it will take more than an encyclopaedic knowledge of Nene’s historic hairstyles to land this role…
Comfortable working independently, the Social Media Content & Community Manager needs to be strong in execution and an accomplished content creator. So, if you love trashy telly as much as Kim loves a selfie, are as knowledgeable about social as Kanye is about Kanye and you can build a following like Kris Jenner builds an empire, this could be the job for you.
• Work as part of the wider social media team to create innovative, platform appropriate, data driven content
• Execute measurable KPIs and regularly feed back on each account’s performance
• Provide local market consumer and competitor insights
• Identify and nurture high-value online relationships - mega fans or influencers engaged with the service or programmes
• Out of hours support when required
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in social media management for a brand or a publisher
• A proven track record of establishing a social tone of voice and content strategy
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills, being able to collect multiple opinions across various groups to create and execute social content
• Experience developing relationships with digital influencers
• Ability to write snappy, witty, and engaging copy, journalism or blogging experience is a plus
• Strong understanding of the trends in reality TV and the wider celebrity culture around it
• A passionate social media user with a strong professional understanding of each platform
• Experience using social media scheduling and analytics tools
• Comfortable working in a matrix environment, with a dual reporting line and multiple stakeholders
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to excel in a team focused environment while also working independently
• Eligible to work in Canada
• Fluent written and spoken English, French is a plus
NBCUniversal welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sub-BusinessFilm UPG International
For almost a century, Universal has been known for its diverse slate of films, including classics such as Jaws, the Jurassic Park series, Mamma Mia, Fast and Furious and Bourne. UPI owns and operates direct theatrical marketing and distribution of feature films in many locations around the globe including Austria, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and UK & Eire. In other territories UPI market and distribute movies through its JV offices, as well as in select territories, licensees who are contracted to distribute on UPI's behalf.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.