- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Throughout the world, leading organizations count on NetApp to manage and store their data. From the edge of the universe with CERN’s Large Hadron Collider, to the edge of human endurance in Formula One auto racing, we help our customers do things they couldn’t before—at speeds you never thought possible. Join the team and become part of 7th Best Place to Work in Canada and 6th Best Multinational Workplace in the world as ranked by the Great Place to Work Institute.
Our co-op program aims to help you achieve three key goals: gain understanding about the NetApp business, gain knowledge in enterprise software engineering, and engage and socialize with the community of co-ops and employees at various events such as our monthly beer bashes.
NetApp's Vancouver Technology Center is pioneering the development of AWS and cloud compatible object storage software to handle the exponential growth in big data. You will be integrated into our core StorageGRID engineering teams to work alongside engineers with years of experience. There you will learn about the latest data storage technologies, employ state-of-the-art tools, and apply engineering best practices. Agile Scrum, continuous integration, automated testing, OO development, and large-scale global software development are just a few of the things you will be exposed to.
Essential functions may include:
- Software design and implementation
- Defect investigation and resolution
- Test automation and tools development
- Advanced technology investigations and prototyping
- Proficiency in at least one programming languages
- Experience with Linux and HTTP/RESTful interfaces
- Successful completion of one or more operating system courses or related projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team of engineers to meet aggressive goals
- Familiarity of basic concepts of computer architecture, data structures, and programming practices
Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.