- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Join us for a unique internship that offers personal and professional development, executive speaker series, and community-building. This program will give you an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, develop scalable, distributed software systems and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal - which requires research, awareness, interactivity, and asking questions.
From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google developers are changing the world one technological achievement after another. We focus on being a collaborative, global organization consisting of developers who are ready to address some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. As a Software Developer Intern, you will work on our core products and services as well as those who support critical functions of our engineering operations. Depending on your background and experience, you will be working in one of the following areas:
Product and Systems Development
Whether it's finding new and innovative ways to advance search quality, building computing platform and networking technologies, automating the indexing of videos, or continuing to refine and scale complex auction systems (just to name a few), you will be developing solutions to some of the most challenging technical problems out there. You will research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google's product offerings and collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information. Examples of specialist domains: UI development with AJAX and similar technologies, security, embedded systems and mobile apps (Android), developer tools (IDEs, large-scale build systems, compilers).
The Engineering Productivity team addresses a broad set of complex technical challenges for optimizing Google's software development lifecycle. As a Software Developer, Engineering Productivity Intern, you will use your analysis, design, and programming skills to build innovative solutions for the next-generation infrastructure related to build, test, release, and monitoring of large scale applications. You will also explore new approaches to automation, challenge the status-quo, and fundamentally improve the workflow for Google engineers.
Software Developers working in Site Reliability are involved in every facet of Google's production and work on the cutting edge of cloud-based computing. As a member of this team you are in the thick of everything involved with keeping Google running, from code-level troubleshooting of traffic anomalies to maintenance of our most cutting-edge services; from monitoring and alerts to building new automation infrastructure. Software developers on this team love to create robust and scalable software that scale to tens of millions of users. You will handle challenging, novel situations every day, and work with just about every other engineering and operations team to provide services and applications that are quintessentially Google - fast, reliable and accessible to all.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program in Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms (i.e. completing a data structures or algorithms class, coursework, course projects, research, individual projects, internships, or other practical experience inside or outside of school or work (including open source hobby coding).
- Experience in Software Development and coding in a general purpose programming language.
- Returning to a degree program after completion of the internship.
- Experience working with some of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world problems.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve problems.
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Create and support a productive and innovative team. This includes working with peers, managers, and teams.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate