- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Software Developer, Maya Foundation 19WD33405 Americas-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Software Developer, Maya Foundation
Location: Toronto, ON - Canada
Job ID: 19WD33405
Take this opportunity to be part of the team that develops Maya - the most powerful modeling, animation, and rendering software package. By joining the Maya team, you will become an active contributor to the success of this industry-leading digital content creation package.
As a software developer on the Maya Foundation team, you’ll contribute to core software feature enhancements and play a role in evolving shared infrastructure. This will expose you to a wide variety of VFX and Games technologies (e.g., Qt, Alembic, OpenEXR, OIIO), open-source initiatives (e.g., USD), language integrations / APIs (e.g., Python, C++, C#), and development infrastructure (e.g., compilers, branching strategies, build frameworks). To succeed, you’ll put your talents to work across a variety of areas including: user-facing features, API enhancements, and improvements to the software development, automation, and delivery pipelines.
- Develop high quality code
- Work in a cross-functional team to understand and refine functional requirements
- Ensure new code conforms to coding standards and meets feature specifications
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Write and maintain automatic tests
- Create appropriate end-user documentation and other supporting artifacts for work completed
- Participate fully in all aspects of the Agile development process
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant software development experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
- Adaptable and versatile, comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Experience and proven skill with high-level programming languages, such as C++
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python
- Experience with source control (e.g., git, perforce) and build frameworks (e.g., CMake)
- Comfortable with cross-platform development (Windows, Linux, OS X)
- Experience using APIs to write custom tools/plug-ins (e.g. the Maya SDK)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: Software Security, Test Automation, DevOps, Build and Release Processes, API development, Data Analytics
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity.
Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.