- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: E-Commerce, Retail, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
AWS customers have come to rely on our track record of stellar operational performance. Our team ensures that the quickly expanding number and scale of services are able to deliver that reliability promise.
Amazon Web Services is seeking a Software Engineer to drive the long-term technical vision of our world-class Safety Engineering group. We analyze trends and build software used across AWS to reduce recurrence, duration, and size of customer impacting events.
As an engineer in AWS Safety Engineering, you will work on large-scale initiatives that automate the incident and problem management process for all of AWS.
What You Will Do:
· Play a significant role in building new software and services from scratch
· Drive an environment of continuous improvement and world-class efficiency
· Work cross-functionally with other teams to continually improve operational readiness and availability
· Anticipate bottlenecks, make trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business benefit
· Evaluate and recommend new and emerging products and technologies
· Drive operation excellence in your organization.
Skills & requirements
· 5+ years experience building successful production software systems
· A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a Bachelors or Masters of Science in CS or related field)
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Go-lang, Ruby, Scala, etc
· Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills
· Comfortable working across multiple teams and organizations
· Strong sense of ownership and drive
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Understanding of CI/CD and Agile software engineering practices
· Background in support for large scale application implementations.
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience mentoring software engineers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer