- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Business Entity
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of several networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Cisco continues to lead in new areas such as Cloud, Data Center, Virtualization, SDN, Internet of Things. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
Cisco is a $50 Billion dollar global leader in supplying leading edge, best-in-class networking products driving today's Internet. The company is ranked as one of the world's best employers and spends over $6 Billion dollars a year invested in R&D. Cisco is a great and amazing place to grow your career. You will work within an Agile team environment and have the opportunity to continue to enhance your architecture and programming skills.
You will be part of a team responsible to design, implement and
collaborate on routing infrastructure of service provider datacenters. That involves
routers/switches L2 & L3 features, virtualization, cloud computing and cutting-edge networking technologies such as segment routing and EVPN.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact to the world in a fun thriving environment and to interact closely with Service Provider customers.
Role & Responsibilities
• Participate in the development of software for our routers and switches, with emphasis in routing protocols
• Work closely with our customers to assist them in building and deploying leading-edge L2 & L3 features and applications.
• Champion new/improved design and testing methodologies
• Potentially participate in Cisco Patent Program and standardization activities (IETF, IEEE, etc)
• Typically requires BASc, MASc or a Ph.D in EE/CS.
• Experience in developing embedded systems based on real-time OS
• Excellent programming skills in Python, TCL or Perl, C or C++ or Java
• A grasp of networking technologies, routing protocols, OS infra-structures, Linux
• Creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
• Experience with test methodologies
• Strong written and verbal communication, experience in presenting ideas/concepts
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time, prioritize them and manage time effectively
• Self motivated, highly ambitious, has a desire to challenge the status-quo
• Virtualization(Openstack,VMware,KVM/Qemu, dockers, Kubernetes), Routing (OSPF, BGP, MulticastRouting, Segment Routing) ,Switching (MPLS, VPLS, VPWS, PBB-EVPN,VxLAN),
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.