- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 60767
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of the Job :
You’re a master builder. You’re a passionate problem solver. The Senior Software Engineer takes complex problems and builds simple scalable solutions for them.
You enjoy mentoring new engineers and understand that they often have much to teach you as well. You’re proud of what you’ve built in the past and constantly looking to improve upon it whenever you learn something new. You love to code, but also to design and solution. You will be a key part of the XVA development team.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Design, develop and enhance existing microservice based software - typically in Java or C#
- Participate in design, scalability and implementation discussions
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Participate in various agile ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups etc.)
- Scope, break-down and estimate development tasks
- Mentor more junior members of the team to success
- Be a design and tech evangelist, advocating for new industry standards
- 5+ Years software engineering experience
- Solid knowledge of C# and/or Java (preferably both)
- Extensive experience designing RESTful services
- Knowledge of software design patterns
- Awareness of scalability and complexity and can design solutions to fit the problem size
- Experience with Git and/or other source control systems
- Ability to communicate complex technical ideas clearly, simply and completely
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills including the entire software stack
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science.
- Experience with a secondary programming language such as Ruby/Python/GoGood knowledge of various networking protocols and terminology (TCP/IP, gateways, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications, awareness of main public cloud offerings (Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCE).
- Experience working with scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell).
- Experience working in Agile environment
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.