- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 36,300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
What are my responsibilities?
As a Software Validation & Verification Engineer, you test and validate critical software applications so that complex and innovative transportation systems can operate every day. Your colleagues and customers trust you to make sure the behavior and performance of our solutions comply with their design. Because we continuously search for new ways to make our products better, you need to be curious for all innovative technologies that can make mobility smarter and safer (automation, predictive tools, autonomous vehicles, data science etc.).
Your responsibilities include the following activities:
- Specify and design overall tests: test architecture (test plan), test design (test cases); including Black and White Box tests
- For White Box, derive test cases based on analysis of the internal structure of the SW component
- Prepare overall tests (tests sheets and tests scenario)
- For White Box, instrument the code to exercise specific paths through the code and determine the appropriate outputs
- Perform test sessions: run test procedures, produce test reports and associated Change Requests
- Specify, design, develop and validate test environment & tools (test bench, recording tools, simulated I/O ...)
- Perform investigations on defects detected on test bench or on site
- Estimate workload, realize scheduling and follow-up of validation activities
- Manage V&V work products under configuration management according to Configuration Management Plan
- Ensure test traceability vs. requirements according to Requirements Management Plan
What do I need to qualify for this job?
This role requires being structured, creative and organized as well as strong communication skills. You will exemplify a collaborative approach to problem solving and demonstrate the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Bachelor's degree in electronic or software engineering;
- 2+ years of previous related test, V&V engineering experience with Embedded systems
- Experience in software design and development (C/C++, Python);
- Experience in the field of automation (knowledge of National Instrument software suite is a plus);
- Experience in the field of software validation;
- Requirements Management Tools (DOORs and/or Reqtify)
- Familiarity with Agile development environment concepts.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.
ALSTOM endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.
Alstom is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Alstom is a drug-free workplace .