- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Canada - Alberta, Edmonton
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Solid Waste Services Intern for employment in the Edmonton, AB office. AECOM is searching for candidates that has the ability to be a role model, be client-focused, be impactful and be decisive.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Working in solid waste management including projects such as the development of Landfill and Compost Operations Plans, Master Plans, Environmental Monitoring Plans, Landfill Fill Plans, Landfill Closure and Post-Closure Care Plans, Solid Waste Planning, Airspace Analysis, Financial Modelling, and the design of/and construction management of landfills cells & caps
- This position involves field work and travel when required
- Field work including landfill construction oversight, construction survey (GPS), nuclear densometer testing, and construction documentation
- Office duties would include summarizing data collected in the field, evaluation of field and laboratory data, tabulation and evaluation of data, analyzing project-specific data and remedial design, AutoCAD for civil earthworks, preparation of contract specifications, and writing associated reports
- Assistance with the preparation of health and safety and quality management plans
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team members
About our Internships:
- Internships are designed to introduce and build essential, hands on skills that differ from those attained in the academic arena and help to enhance the transition from student to professional.
- Interns are assigned duties that will provide a broad, well-rounded learning experience within their field of study
- Intern 1 – completion of first year of qualified study
- AA/AS (US) + None or Diploma/Certification (Canada) + None
- Progressing with Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Demonstrated proficiency using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience operating survey equipment
- Competent report writing experience
- This is a field position that requires the individual be able to work outside (in all types of weather conditions), walk in rugged terrain, and capable of lifting up to 25+ kg of equipment
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Environmental
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Intern / Student
Requisition/Vacancy No. 228085BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- ms project
- project manager