- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 32725
Why you should join us:
We're experiencing an exciting time at Suncor: we are working to apply digital technologies to accelerate operational excellence to help us achieve world-class performance, generate value, drive and enhance our competitive advantage, and create the workplace of the future. As part of this evolution, what we call Suncor 4.0, we've started using robotics, AI and remote sensing technology, and we know that our journey into the digital world will only accelerate, and we need your help! The next phase in our company's evolution, is about unleashing the full potential of our people and our company to work differently, harnessing emerging technology and new digital capabilities and developments that are transforming our world.
Come join our team! Using your effective non-authoritative leadership and influencing skills, you will support and be a member of technical teams designing and implementing a new enterprise HR system! You will work in our Project Delivery organization, acting in collaboration with a robust project team and guiding our outsourced partners and technology vendors during all phases of the project delivery.
You will use your expertise to:
- Accountable to oversee and support application solution design, ensuring functional specifications meet or exceed established business and functional requirements, technical standards, quality measures and continuous improvement goals
- Work closely with partners, vendor resources, technical leads, and stream leads to continually monitor the status and milestones of solution design initiatives
- Gather and translate business requirements into functional/technical specifications
- Facilitate and/or participate in the build and implementation of technical solutions
- Provide solution design consulting services to our IT Operations team and other Project teams
- Provide guidance and advice on leading practices, industry standards and conventions, and frameworks and methods
- Ensure a consistent approach and implementation of processes and technology in solution areas
- Attend and/or deliver presentations at appropriate project gates and checkpoints during the project lifecycle
- Monitor solution designs for risks, issues, dependencies and collisions with other applications
- Reduce technical risk by upskilling our scrum/project teams through mentoring and providing technical guidance across elements such as database best practices, coding guidelines, and naming conventions
We'd like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- 5 years of experience in designing and implementing systems and applications for large enterprises
- Experience implementing or working on HR enterprise systems, including managing integrations in a complex IT environment
- 3 years of experience leading and/or influencing resources
- A Computer Science degree or Technical College diploma (eg S.A.I.T.)
- Experience in working using structured IT project implementation methodologies
- Proven analytical skills and application of results with the ability to translate customer needs into business requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at both a technical and business level, and you can build positive relationships with highly dispersed and dynamic teams
- Alignment with our values
- Experience with Workday
- Experience with Mulesoft
- Exposure to Power BI
Where you'll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 - 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
- Some travel may be required based on business need
- Did you know that we've been recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers ?!
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else - do it safely, or don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our mission, vision and values .
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we're doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals
- ms project