- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Sector: Client Solutions
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $74852.60 to $93565.75
Position Status: Temporary Full Time
We're not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We're mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE )
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We've shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You're in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.Bring your underwriting and business development skills as well as your housing expertise to one of our openings for specialist.
As a member of the Housing Solutions - Multi-Unit team, you are the regional contact for affordable housing programs and products and are responsible for providing affordable housing developers and providers with advice, guidance and influence on the development and preservation of social housing.
How You Will Be Contributing
- Ensuring promotion and delivery of CMHC products and services to local clients.
- Generating opportunities that create new or maintain existing affordable housing.
- Working directly with housing providers (non-profit organizations, private developers, etc.) to find housing solutions that ensure both viability and long-term sustainability.
- Guiding and supporting housing providers throughout the planning and construction phases, ensuring desired outcomes.
- Providing affordable housing developers and providers with advice and guidance on the development of social housing and the preservation of the existing stock.
- Raising awareness of the importance of affordable housing, including the need for a broad range of housing choices that respond to local circumstances.
- Influencing and inspiring organizations and industry to get involved in the development of affordable housing and the preservation of the existing social housing stock.
- Working closely with national teams, local partners and stakeholders to jointly develop strategies, identify policy improvements and collaborate on housing solutions.
- Gathering intelligence on local client needs and housing issues and communicating insights.
- Identifying potential issues, and seeking opportunities for CMHC partnerships.
- Ensuring appropriate risk awareness and the implementation of a risk culture within the area of responsibility.
- Disseminating information, ideas and best practices from across Canada.
What We Are Looking For
- Undergraduate (bachelor's) education in planning, policy, economics or finance, with a minimum of five years of experience in information dissemination, sales or business development; an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience will also be considered.
- Broad understanding of the Canadian affordable, social and private housing sectors as well as the various programs intended to assist these sectors.
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge related to multi-unit residential real estate development and finance.
- Sound understanding of the financing of housing projects.
- Ability to review financial proposals and assess their viability.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing and/or business development.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of client relationship management, including key account and government relationship strategy.
- Ability to interpret program guidelines to ensure maximum flexibility in their implementation.
- Analytical skills to develop unique solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationships and recognize opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to persuade, influence and/or negotiate with others on a regular basis.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We're excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: (Note, the competition may remain active until filled).
Job Requisition ID: 4139
Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Frequent
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.