- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Req Id: 247473
The Source is Canada's largest tech retailer, and every day we come into work excited to share cool tech and amazing brands with our fellow Canadians. From your local shopping centre to cool music festivals, we are where Canadians live, work and play.
Every day our Associates across the country help Canadians find the tech they want and need. The Source is a great place to work and we are committed to your development through best in class training programs that help you do your best. Behind our in-store Associates is a supporting team of professionals who curate our product assortment, ensure on-time deliveries, create engaging marketing campaigns and help keep our systems running at peak capacity.
We are passionate about what we do and look for individuals with their own passion, curiosity and genuine helpfulness to join us!
The career you want.
The Marketing Specialist, Planning & Media will support the development of quarterly marketing plans, media strategies, and vendor partnerships that deliver on traffic and sales goals. Supported by a Senior Manager, they will leverage data and consumer insights to develop high impact plans and proposals for senior leadership and key vendor audiences. This high performing and experienced marketer is a critical thinker who is well versed in marketing, media and planning methodologies, with the ability to turn data into actionable insights. They enjoy collaborating with subject matter experts, building strong relationships, and influencing across the organization.
- Define and develop quarterly Marketing strategies, including media plans, vendor partnerships and CE campaigns.
- Interpret marketing and customer data to identify key opportunities for quarterly plans.
- Analyze business and media results reporting to provide recommendations that drive growth and intervene on potential risks.
- Create compelling marketing presentations to drive buy-in and alignment internally across business units and with the leadership team, as well as with key vendor partners.
- Liaise with external media agency to develop media plans, analyze results and recommend ongoing optimizations to drive measurable business growth.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to plan and execute key campaigns including briefing creative, managing internal/external approvals and reporting on results.
- Partner with key vendors to develop Marketing partnerships that deliver on joint business objectives.
- Manage overall media blocking chart for the organization.
- Communicate effectively with internal (leadership, cross-functional teams) and external (agency, vendor partners) stakeholders.
- Monitor competitive activity, best practices and trends (media, marketing, tech industry) to continually innovate campaigns and support evolving category objectives
Skills we're looking for:
- Minimum of 2-4 years in a marketing or media role
- Strong analytical skills to be able to interpret data and generate actionable insights
- Experience and understanding of the marketing planning lifecycle, including data analytics and industry/competitive analysis
- Experience and understanding of media planning and analysis, including interpreting media KPIs
- Experience and confidence in managing external stakeholders such as media agencies and vendor partners
- Experience and confidence in developing presentations in a clear, concise manner in order to influence alignment and direction both internally and externally
- Comfortable in a fast-changing and dynamic environment
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with strong time management skills and capability of managing multiple projects simultaneously with short deadlines to get things done.
- High energy and excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written) and strong presentation skills
- Self-starter, takes initiative and is proactive
- Comfortable working autonomously or as a team member
- College/University degree (with a specialization in marketing)
- Possess previous experience with agency management, and/or Marketing planning in a tier 1 organization (ie Retail, Telco, Technology)
Position Type: Management
Position: Specialist, Marketing - Planning & Media
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Alliston || Canada : Ontario : Barrie || Canada : Ontario : Bradford || Canada : Ontario : Innisfil || Canada : Ontario : Markham || Canada : Ontario : Newmarket || Canada : Ontario : Orillia || Canada : Ontario : Richmond Hill || Canada : Ontario : Thornhill || Canada : Ontario : Vaughan
Application Deadline: 12/23/2019
As Canada's neighborhood tech retailer you have the opportunity to work close to home, we're proud to offer a competitive compensation package including an extensive recognition and rewards program, career development opportunities, multi faceted training programs, competitive medical and dental benefits, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, associate discounts!
The Source celebrates and embraces diversity as part of our culture. We strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment that supports both our internal and external customers, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected.