- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Specialist Occupational Therapist.
Your main duties will include:
- Supporting and developing people's ability to participate in functional skills of daily living and accessing the world around them.
- Encouraging people to develop self-help skills and promote their independence and well being.
- Helping to recognise and manage sensory processing difficulties and supporting people to regulate their sensory systems to enable them to access education.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- A recognised Occupational Therapy degree/qualification.
- Health Care Professionals Council Licence to practice.
- 2-3 years proven experience working as an Occupational Therapist.
- Training in therapeutic approaches to improve fine and gross motor skills and motor planning.
- Knowledge of special educational needs and Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Experience in writing annual review reports to contribute towards Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP).
- Line management experience would be useful, as well as giving clinical supervision.
- A confident, caring and pro-active attitude.
About the company
Retail Detail is a retail recruitment, staffing and HR solutions agency based throughout Canada. The economy of the retail industry is growing as more young people desire to make their future careers within this field.
As new retail stores and companies are coming and growing, new recruits are needed and this is where we help through our services such as talent acquisition, outsourcing and training.