- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of tasks for an Industry or Region Leader including: managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; and compiling documents for meeting presentations.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the Leader’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides 'gatekeeper' and 'gateway' role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the executive’s time.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows-up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Industry Executive including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between others within the office and internal business units; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Acts as a 'barometer,' having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Executive and team updated as appropriate.
Industry and Operations Support Liaison
- Builds relationships crucial to the success of the business and specific Industry alignment while managing a variety of special projects for Operations, Sr. Management, and a team of Consultants.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including pipeline management activities, sales order processing and maintaining project financial metrics.
- Creates and maintains Google drive content and acts to educate others on process and system updates. Various other platforms such as Oracle, Workday, CRM, Concur, and additional reporting software are utilized daily to complete assignments.
- Participates as a member of the Executive Team (Managing Partners) including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings as a participant and taking notes for follow-up actions when applicable.
- Will promote business development capabilities such as pipeline management tasks and analytics. Will support Business- Building events as needed.
- Will create meeting materials in electronic format such as spreadsheets or PPTs to creatively and succinctly provide data using graphs or other desired formats including dashboards.
- Participates as a member of the Global Strategy and Operations team, continually learning new processes and seeking to support enhancements to existing processes.
- Assists other team members with a variety of special projects such as Risk Management, Proposal Q/A Review or ensuring Value Assurance and Customer Satisfaction is conducted on engagements.
- Will act in an Office Manager capacity for Consulting in support of office layout changes, conference room scheduling, office supplies, events, catering, technical concerns, new hire on-boarding/training and generally oversee and direct office concerns on behalf of Consulting.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect in your ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including other business unit partners and team members.
- Expert level of written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and Experience Requirements
- Strong work tenure and a Self-Starter. 3-5+ years of experience in Office Management, Operations, Supporting Executives, preferable in a Service or Consulting Industry, and general administrative skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), and open to learning new platforms.
- Quick learner with desire to keep educating and motivating yourself to achieve exceptional goals.
- College degree preferred but not required. Initiative, interpersonal skills and overall professionalism are the key drivers for success in this role.
Job Requisition ID:36513By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
About the company
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, we are the valuable partner to clients in over 9,100 distinct enterprises worldwide.