- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- DOWNTOWN, TORONTO, CANADA
Assist with the leading, coaching, organization and development of the Supervisory Committee and Colleagues within the stewarding department. He/she will report to the Chief Steward with any problems, concerns, suggestions and/or comments. Ensure that all employees understand their duties and their responsibilities while maintaining the high standards of the hotel.
Hotel Overview: Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Fairmont Royal York is within walking distance to the city’s world-famous theatre district, vibrant nightlife and Toronto’s best shopping and dining. Ninety years after opening its doors in 1929, Fairmont Royal York continues to be the epicenter of the essential Toronto experience and embodies the true meaning of hospitality. With a grand-scale transformation complete to present a revitalized Fairmont Royal York, the evolution of the hotel’s storied history invites a new generation of visitors and guests to discover this next chapter. With over 1300 guest rooms, 70,000 square feet of meeting and conference space, and over 1200 colleagues, Fairmont Royal York depicts the elegance of its past while providing a promising future as Toronto’s leading luxury hotel.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintenance of the high quality of service standards required by the hotel
- Ensuring a smooth day to day operation of the stewarding department
- Assist in inventory of china, glassware and silverware
- Ensure loss and breakage of china, glassware and silverware is kept to a minimum
- Assist with the determination of daily staff requirements
- Organize staff in relation to business for each outlet, ensure punctuality and ensure that staff follow safety procedures for clothing and work habits
- Assist with storage and issuance of supplies
- To foster and ensure open communication with kitchen, banquets and all other departments involved with a function
- Act as a team leader and motivator to all employees and ensure that the guests and employees are satisfied
- Assist the Chief Steward and Assistant Chief Steward with any other job related tasks
- Actively participate in the health and safety procedures and involve staff
- Supervising of several employees and distributing workload to each\
- Ensre that the recycling and health and safety practices are followed in the workplace
- Previous experience in a Stewarding department preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications preferred
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Able to work weekends and various shifts
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Must already be legally permitted to work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts believes in outstanding hospitality. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 416-860-4512 or email@example.com if you require accommodation.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
- human resources