- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Built to Make You Better.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have here at MSC. If you are inspired to learn, expand your circle, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Requisition ID : 4196
Employment Type : Full Time
Grade : Sales 16
Job Category : Sales/Business Development
Work Location : Atlantic Canada
State or Province : Atlantic Canada
Potential Work Location : NB, NL, NS
The ideal residence for this position is Halifax, NS/Moncton, NB/Saint John, NL and requires frequent overnight travel.
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for the development of long-term profitable sales growth through the opening of new, large accounts within a defined geographic area within the Region. Develop and implement a comprehensive prospecting initiative targeting high potential customers. Negotiate and close new business with minimum monthly revenue quotas and performance standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for meeting sales/market plan goals focusing on new account development
- Develops quality prospects within the company's business model
- Identifies and qualifies customers and conducts comprehensive customer needs analysis to generate sales
- Successfully negotiates long term customer contracts
- Develops pricing schedule that meets the company's gross margin objectives
- Establishes and manages metrics that demonstrate the company value proposition to the customer
- Conducts surveys and designs planographs based on customer needs
- Provides market intelligence to assist the company to meet market demands
- Submits in timely manner, in the format requested, all written reports required by the company management
- Conducts all activities in accordance with established company policies and Corporate Business Conduct guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Sales Manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of high school education (diploma/GED) required
- Two to four year college degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated success in system and conceptual/solution based selling within a value-added environment
- Proven track record of producing exceptional New Account acquisition results
- Proven track record of successful sales achievements and effective closing skills
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Must be able to communicate in a variety of presentation environments, from board room to ground level maintenance, shop floor, and purchasing agents
- Must possess the ability to design, develop, write and effectively communicate reports, proposals and sales strategies
- High degree of integrity and ability to quickly develop customer relationships required
- Demonstrated ability to use personal productivity enhancing tools, including laptop computers, spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and contact management software
- Technical product knowledge preferred relevant to the markets being served, including but not limited to fasteners, chemicals, industrial maintenance supplies, electrical, plumbing, welding and shop supplies
- Understanding of Economic, Finance and Business Profitability concepts required
- Reliable transportation, current driver's license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration
- Must be able to work from home office and own a personal computer with Internet access that can be used for work
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity. MSC offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.
Il nous fait plaisir de fournir, sur demande, une version française de tout document. Adressez-vous au (see below) .