- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As a Strategic Cloud Engineering Manager, you will lead a regional technical team of field engineers which is an integral part of the broader Professional Services team. You will work closely with regional leads to accommodate the demand for skills, to provide technical leadership across the region, and to mentor a growing team.
You'll have the opportunity to thrive while working in small, highly-performing teams and bringing your demonstrated leadership acumen to a team responsible for ensuring the best experience for customers moving to Google Cloud.
You are responsible for providing technical solutions, managing relationships with our customers' technical staff, and generally enabling our Google Cloud partners. You are able to identify hard problems and develop permanent, elegant solutions. You are motivated and comfortable in a fast-changing environment with a strong desire to learn — and most importantly — love working with Google products.
The Google Cloud Professional Services team is responsible for effectively introducing Google’s most strategic clients to Google Cloud Platform and to G Suite, and assisting them from inception to production. We solve the most challenging and complex technical problems - from infrastructure migration, to network optimization, to security best practices, and much more. We also work closely with product engineering and support staff to flawlessly lead client deployments, implementations, and the integration of custom features.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent practical experience.
- Programming experience (Java, Python, Go, C++ or similar languages).
- Experience with HTML, XML, JSON, OAuth2 and in the analysis of relational data using database management systems.
- Experience in technical consulting and project management in corporate/professional IT services or product development.
- Experience in leading IT implementations, IT support, deployments, and/or business development activities.
- Experience with relevant cloud technology in infrastructure, application development, and developer operations. Demonstrated experience in scalable application development.
- Demonstrated record in implementing large-scale cloud or software projects in corporate environments.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage and grow a team of G Suite-focused Strategic Cloud Engineers.
- Consult with customers on technical issues based on in-depth product and technical knowledge.
- Develop technical tools and assets. Document reproducible solutions for customers and partners.
- Provide highly technical implementation support in customer environments, including guidance on implementation feasibility of cross-product integrations.
- Ability to travel (primarily domestic) up to 40% of the time as required.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate