- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 59186
Career Group: Corporate Office Careers
Job Category: Strategic Sourcing
Travel Requirements: 10 - 20%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Location: Tahoe Office
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Overview The Category Manager leads the strategic sourcing, negotiation, contracting and supplier management for a complex portfolio of services in support of the IT function within Sobeys (including, but not limited to: hardware, software, maintenance and support and point of sale technology). The purpose of the position is to create value for the IT department, reduce total cost of ownership, and leverage world-class negotiation and sourcing strategies, tools and processes, and mitigate risk through contract development for non-merchandise goods and services acquired by Sobeys. The IT Category Manager will be responsible for the development of annual category plans and obtain line of business buy in and support for the category plan. This position interacts with managers, directors and officers throughout the Sobeys organization. The position also closely works with 3rd party contracted partners. Having experience in all phases of the vendor selection process (sourcing, RFP s, contracting, etc.) as well as vendor review experience is required for success in this role.
- Develop and execute category strategies end-to-end
- Strategically source a complex portfolio of services with emphasis in IT using tools, processes, and strategies
- Set Direction/priorities for team on projects
- Lead and/or support manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Achieve Stakeholder's business requirements, scope of work, and budget while effectively capturing spend and savings
- Be a trusted advisor by effectively developing and maintaining effective relationships with Stakeholders, and forward-looking planning to anticipate and support business needs
- Develops, leads and maintains effective relationships with vendors
- Demonstrate strong proficiency in 7-step sourcing processes
- Train and coach team on sourcing best practices to achieve desired outcomes
- Support consistency, transparency, alignment and synergies among all Sourcing and Category Management teams, creating an environment to remove silos in sourcing execution
- Build and maintain deep subject matter expertise and industry knowledge within the established portfolio set of products and services
- Drive sourcing best practices and enterprise value through cross-functional influential engagement including stakeholders, legal, amongst other required capabilities
- Support communications with cross-functional areas in establishing and sustaining this centralized sourcing function, ensuring compliance in the use of sourcing services
- Closely partner with the IT team to ensure a total sourcing solution is delivered.
- Support end-to-end source-to-pay process through driving purchases through the e-Procurement tool.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of business experience in a purchasing, merchandising or retail environment
- Strong IT sourcing experience and understanding of Canadian vendor landscape
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build meaningful team relationships to drive results
- Ability to develop and concisely articulate strategies both written and verbally
- Experience leading procurement for relevant functions
- Deep understanding of strategic cost imperatives
- Ability to formulate savings initiatives
- Ability to formulate operating plans to meet cost targets
- Ability to build strategic relationships with designated functional leadership
- Ability to develop top talent within strategic sourcing organization
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.