- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Supplier Quality Engineer
Are you ready for that next step in your career and want to take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products and related services?
Johnson & Johnson Vision, through its operating companies, is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses portfolio. In 2017, with the addition of Abbott Medical Optics, Inc., the Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision business, Johnson & Johnson invested further in eye health by expanding into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health. Serving more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries, Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to helping more people in more places improve or restore their sight.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Quality Engineer to join our team to be part of a new organization.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to progress their career collaborating across multiple functional areas and working closely with a highly dedicated and motivated team. You will be responsible for the evaluation, assessment, audit and audit follow up of supplier and commercial distributors audits for Johnson & Johnson Vision in EMEA.
What you’re great at:
You will have wide Quality Engineering experience and be able to work effectively across many different functions internally and externally which will ensure that we meet both the customer and the business needs. You will have a strong sense of personal responsibility and be able to work both as an individual leader and be a strong team player.
Continuous improvement will be at the heart of your decision making, looking for areas in which we can create efficiencies through better working practices to deliver enhanced compliance. You'll conduct day-to-day and strategic activities in supplier lifecycle management, meaning you will be great at establishing clear expectations and collaborating with internal and external partners leading to consistent, reliable processes and services.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer, your typical day may include:
• Execute and document supplier non-conformances, Supplier Corrective Action Requests and Corrective and Preventive Actions and report on these metrics at Quality System management reviews.
• Define and lead actions related to Supplier change requests.
• Lead and document supplier/distributor assessments and supplier/distributor audits for compliance to regulations, agreements, standards and documented processes.
• Guide the development of and improve comprehensive measurement systems for Supplier and Distributor quality performance.
• Lead the transfer and qualification of established distribution and quality processes to new suppliers.
• Ensure systems to measure, assess risk and escalate quality events. Manage quality events to identify, bracket, correct, control and prevent defects.
• Lead and document internal supplier quality procedure change efforts.
• Provide guidance and leadership based on industry and process excellence standards at expert level, including good distribution practices (GDP), international organization for standardization (ISO) and country/governmental regulations (EU MDD/ MDR and ISO 13485 regulations/ standards will be the focus).
• Participate in quality system improvement initiatives.
• Establish and provide relevant information detailed in supplier quality agreements and supplier change agreements.
• Maintain an approved Supplier List ASL and an approved Distributor list.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines caring deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and influential careers. We are
• Committed to caring.
• Responsible to our communities.
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how.
• Unique in our background and experiences.
• The drivers of our own success.
• Passionate about doing what’s right.
Make a unique mark in your career.
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by
About the company
If you’re thinking about taking your career to a place where you can be seen for the talent you bring to your work, where you’ll have a chance to be the driver of your own career, and where others share your passion for caring and success, then we invite you to explore Johnson & Johnson. BE VITAL in your career and make a unique mark. Join the approximately 129,000 men and women who work within our companies and touch the lives of more than a billion people around the world every day.