- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Support Developer, Market Operations Applications Services
Take a central role
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be a leading central bank-dynamic, engaged and trusted-committed to a better Canada. No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very center of Canada's economy, in a diverse and inclusive organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in an environment where we are reinventing central banking, renewing ways of doing business and reinforcing a culture of innovation.
Did you know?
The Information Technology Services (ITS) Department delivers a secure, reliable, best-in-class technical environment—providing systems that enable the Bank to carry out its core functions and facilitate billions of dollars' worth of daily electronic financial transactions. While ITS operations are primarily based in Ottawa, the Bank has established an alternate site for its operations in Calgary, in accordance with resilience best practices.
About the position
As part of the Market Operations Application Services team, you bring your technical knowledge and experience to support custom-built applications used by Banks's Financial Markets department. This role will be mostly focused on operations support areas with some involvement in ongoing strategic initiatives and projects.
The Bank will provide you with the time, training and expertise to help you learn the required tools and specific applications.
Your future responsibilities
- Working through escalation coming from the front line and second line service desks. Provide third-line support, including On-Call, shift and weekend work if required
- Actively contribute to new application releases, business enhancement requests and evergreening initiatives
- Support ongoing strategic initiatives aimed at the transformation of critical applications. This may include but not limited to Dev-Ops processes and pipelines, or data warehouse and reporting
- Support Quality Assurance efforts including unit test and automated test support
Your education and experience
- a bachelor's degree or three-year college Diploma in computer science, software development, or a relevant field
- a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in application support and systems integration
- an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience working with Oracle database, including Oracle PL/SQL. Knowledge of Oracle FRS (Forms and Reporting Services) will be an added advantage
- Hands-on experience with code optimization and performance tuning across application layers
- Demonstrated experience working with applications built in Microsoft technologies including ASP.net, IIS and SQL server
- Demonstrated experience in building and enhancing reports through Microsoft excel VBA. Knowledge in advanced Microsoft Excel features including Power Query, Power Pivot
- Knowledge and working experience in Object-oriented languages such as Java SE
- Knowledge of Dev-ops release processes and tools such as continuous integration, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Docker
- Knowledge of quality assurance processes. Demonstrated experience in manual testing, test case documentation
Your knowledge and skills
You are a strong team player and effective communicator who strives for collaboration with cross functional teams. You have the following;
- Demonstrated experience in production operations supporting critical business applications.
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting problems in scenarios including production incidents, performance issues etc.
- A minimum of three years of relevant hands-on working experience using a relational DBMS, such as Oracle or SQL server.
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux Servers and experience supporting applications deployed in Unix servers. Know-how of Unix Scripting will be beneficial
- Good knowledge of operations support processes (incident, problem, service request etc.) and tools including ServiceNow, JIRA
- Ability to work with cross functional teams. Good understanding of various IT operations functions including infrastructure & operations, database, middleware, access control etc.
English or French essential
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to meet your needs at every stage of your life and career.
- Salaries are based on qualifications and experience and typically range from $79,100 to $93,000 (job grade 16)
- Depending on performance, you may be eligible for performance pay for successfully meeting (5 to 7% of your base salary) or for exceeding expectations (10% of your base salary). Exceptional performers who far exceed expectations may be eligible for higher performance pay.
- Flexible and comprehensive benefits so you can choose the level of health and dental coverage that meets your needs
- Extra vacation days (up to five each year) that you can purchase to add to your vacation entitlement
- Option to join the indexed, defined-benefit pension plan after 24 consecutive months of service
For more information on key benefits, please visit www.bankofcanada.ca/careers/working-here .
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- Security level required: Secret
- Relocation assistance may be provided, if required
- The official title for this position is “ Developer, Market Operations Application Services ”
We encourage applications from women, Indigenous peoples, veterans, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted .
- microsoft excel