- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Cisco seeks a Senior Security & Data Center focused Systems Engineer to join our Canadian Partner Organization (CPO) in a pre-sales technical role.
Who You’ll Work With?
Showcasing Cisco product solutions, setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to partners. Gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In additional to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
What You’ll Do?
Partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory. Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory Perform technical presentations for partners. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities. Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provides consultative support in their area of Architecture Solution to other Systems Engineers.
Who You Are?
7+ years-related experience in Cisco Security & Data Center solutions. Pre-Sales experience required. Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. Someone who is passionate to solve customer business challenges using technology solutions, and is willing to go above and beyond in everything he or she does to serve our customers and partners. MUST SPEAK FRENCH for this role.
1.Excellent written and verbal communication in English and French, listening, and strong presentation skills.
2. Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
3. Strong problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
4. Knowledge of baseline SE skills and knowledge in area of specialization.
5. Strong Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in the area of Cisco Security & Data Center Solutions, including cloud portfolio, programmability & automation skills.
6. Knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
7. Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
8. Understanding and conversant about company, solutions and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
9. Python or other scripting language skills and Industry Recognized Certification is preferred, example CCIE security/Data Center, CISSP, Cloud Architect and or Software Programmability.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.