- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
JOB DESCRIPTION:Talent Acquisition Specialist – Contract (Ottawa)
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Status: Temporary, Full time (3 months)
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will play a pivotal role to source, recruit, interview and hire candidates for Canada and to interpret, analyze, and apply labor legislation that impacts the recruitment and selection processes. The incumbent will report to the Talent Acquisition Manager and will support recruitment activities over a period of three (3) months.
• Provide proactive recruitment, requisition management and customer service to hiring managers across Canada.
• Develop and implement comprehensive sourcing and recruiting strategies to meet business objectives.
• Oversee pre-employment process (background check, references, etc.), as well as the preparation and approval of offer package, providing equity and market competitiveness data research.
• Ensure compliance to provincial and federal employment laws and Abbott policies and practices for applicant tracking compliance and reporting metrics.
• Contact, maintain relationship, and negotiate with employment agencies, universities, technical schools, and government agencies for the selection and provision of specialized personnel as
temporary help to meet organizational needs.
• Assist with new hire onboarding process.
• Actively share and post content on social media sites.
• Engage and participate in our team meetings.
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Experience in managing multiple tasks and projects related to Human Resources.
• Possess knowledge of recruiting activities, selection, placement, and interviews.
• Possess working knowledge in Canada’s Federal and Provincial Employment Laws.
• Strong analytical skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English; French is a strong asset.
• Be a self-starter; results, and service oriented.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to deal with multiple demands and priorities;
• Ability to work regular business hours of 8:30AM to 5 PM;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in handling sensitive information and documents;
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
• CHRA designation (asset)
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar role, ideally agency or corporate recruitment experience
• Experience in healthcare and in manufacturing would be a strong asset
Abbott Canada is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without discrimination based on factors such as race, sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, disability, age, citizenship, family or marital status, political beliefs, sexual preference or other factors included in human rights legislation.
Our diversity goals for recruitment, hiring, and retention are embedded in our corporate goals, and our diversity initiatives are supported by the highest level of the organization.
We strongly believe that a diverse workforce fosters more creative and innovative thinking throughout the organization. Creating an inclusive environment, where everyone is respected and valued, enables us to leverage our diversity as a business driver and strengthens our position as a global leader.
Abbott strives to promote and maintain an inclusive, high-performing culture that allows all employees to reach their full potential and contribute to Abbott’s success.
DIVISION:CHR Corporate Human Resources
LOCATION:Canada Ottawa : 185 Corkstown Road
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.