- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 65886
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Transactional Delivery Services team is a host/mainframe and Cloud devevlopment department that is using Scrum and Kanban agile framework to complete all development. The aim is to complete projects in a timely manner and produce minimal viable products to meet customer requests and just in time development. We are looking to build our host development team with influencers, makers, creators, and industry leaders who will drive our visions forward and enhance the experience of our business partners and customers.
- Support day to day activities of agile projects as per the BNS policies/processes
- Monitor and coordinate work in accordance with project implementation schedules
- Pro-actively manage diverse projects that differ in size and scope from their inception to delivery overseeing execution
- Successfully work with different BNS Teams/Members(OR, QAT, GRCM, REM, MVS admins, etc)
- Ongoing communication of project status, as well as escalate issues, when required
- Guide and assist team members to deliver optimal solutions on-time and within budget
- Provide input to the continuous improvement of processes and adopting latest technologies and methodologies
- Off hours work is expected in the delivery aspects of the role to support releases
- Support applications (including complex application systems), evaluate problems, identify actions to be taken and recommend/implement solutions. Understand and work in accordance with Bank application architectural guidelines.
- Perform required duties in support of the Bank's Lean and Agile Framework.
- Ensure delivery of negotiated product/function while following BNS standards and methodologies. This includes preparing design specifications, developing programs, test strategies, peer reviews, change control, release preparation including the required documentation for operational readiness and steady state support.
- Conduct testing of new software releases to ensure successful implementation with no impact to the existing environments.
- Interact with business clients to help resolve and explain system questions and issues.
- Work closely with all team members in agile lab and agile environment
- Min 5+ years’ experience in project management or agile and min 5+ years' of mainframe/host development
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Capable of multi-tasking and managing concurrent tasks and initiatives
- Results driven; forward thinking with a problem solving mentality
- Comfortable working in highly collaborative and changing environment
- Must be reliable, pro-active, customer-focused, attentive to details, and a team player
- Certified in agile methodologies is an asset
- Application languages (Cobol, JCL, SQL, Java, Kotlin) -- will consider candidates with no mainframe experience if they have other programming language experience and are willing to learn Cobol, JCL, etc.
- Utilities and productivity tools (e.g. ACR, UCANDU, COMPAREX, IDCAMS, CRF, SYNCSORT, etc.)
- Familiar with Network, LAN TCP/IP, security and communication protocol concepts
- Data Power experience desirable.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the company
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and Asia-Pacific. We are dedicated to helping our 23 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. With a team of more than 88,000 employees and assets of $896 billion (as at July 31, 2016).
Scotiabank es el banco internacional de Canadá y un destacado proveedor de servicios financieros en Norteamérica, América Latina, el Caribe y Centroamérica, y Asia-Pacífico. Estamos comprometidos en ayudar a mejorar la situación de nuestros 23 millones de clientes a través de una completa gama de asesoría, productos y servicios en los sectores de banca personal y comercial, gestión patrimonial, y banca privada, corporativa y de inversión, y mercados de capital. Con un equipo de más de 88,000 empleados y con $ 896,000 millones en activos (al 31 de julio de 2016).
La Banque Scotia est la banque internationale du Canada et un leader parmi les fournisseurs de services financiers en Amérique du Nord, en Amérique latine, dans les Antilles, en Amérique centrale et en Asie-Pacifique. Elle s’est donné pour mission d’aider ses 23 millions de clients à améliorer leur situation au moyen de conseils et d’une vaste gamme de produits et de services, dont des services bancaires aux particuliers, aux entreprises et aux sociétés, des services bancaires privés, d’investissement et de gestion de patrimoine ainsi que des services liés aux marchés des capitaux. Au 31 juillet 2016, l’effectif de la Banque Scotia s’élevait à plus de 88 000 employés et son actif à 896 milliards de dollars.