- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Technical Project Manager, Senior - 005CTE
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
In 2018, Schneider Electric has been recognized as one Canada’s Top 100 Employers, one of
Canada’s Top Employers for
Young People, and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers. Learn the reasons why at https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-schneider-electric.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We are currently seeking a positive, result driven, collaborative, highly motivated Senior Technical Project Manager based in our Burnaby, BC Canada location. The Project Manager is accountable for leading a multidisciplinary, globally located design team through the full product development process for one or more products from concept to market and/or the development of a process or activity having a business-wide impact. The successful candidate will be responsible for the final delivery of program(s) through planning and execution of activities required to meet program goals while maximizing return on investment within the program budget, performance, and schedule constraints.
- Program & Design Team: Manages the relationship between the program team and all cross-functional areas critical to the success of the program as well as customer contacts, while maintaining an understanding of the value of the program under development for representative customers. Coordinates, facilitates and drives the effort and design decisions of the project team as well as key stake holder contacts.
- Planning & Monitoring: Directs all planning and monitors the activities of the cross-functional team required to meet program goals including completion of program deliverables during all the stage-gate phases. Establishes program plans, including projections of required resources (effort, duration, cost, personnel, facilities, and equipment).
- Budget, Schedule, & Product Cost: Owns the established performance, schedule, budget and product cost, while managing within the given and dynamic constraints. Must be comfortable planning program schedules using agile techniques and MS project.
- Reporting: Provide periodic reports of program status and progress to management. The Technical Program Manager provides program interface between engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and other key product development functions.
- Risk: Performs risk analysis and manages a risk register to anticipate potential issues, defines and implements related risk mitigation plans, and follows mitigation plans through to completion.
- Program Planning & Staffing: Works with functional managers and leads to establish projections of resources and skills necessary to execute the program. The Project Manager also works with the functional manager and leads to determine and manage the optimal work breakdown structure for the program and phase of the program. The Project Manager provides input to functional managers on individual performance planning, including goal setting and performance feedback.
- Project Deliverables & Project Quality: Ensures the quality and integrity of products and program deliverables. The Project Manager is expected to always be questioning/analyzing if any program deliverables are missing, and if the scope and content of program deliverables are optimized for the challenges in the program.
- Process Continuous Improvement: Provides input and supports driving forward the continuous improvement of the policies, process, practices and templates associated with our stage-gate process.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering field (Electrical, Systems, Mechatronics, Engineering Physics, etc)
- Must have PMP designation and/or Scrum master/Agile certification
- Minimum 10 years of successful experience as a program manager in a new product development environment. In-depth understanding of Agile project management with a proven history of execution.
- Proficient in using JIRA, Confluence, Portfolio and Agile methodology including Microsoft office suite.
- Prefer some experience working in other functions involved in new product development; Service, Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Manufacturing, Test Engineering, Product Marketing, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Hands-on project management experience and knowledge with techniques for planning, organizing and monitoring multiple SW and HW projects simultaneously.
- Must be a result- oriented individual and capable of influencing others in a collaborative and sometimes virtual environment.
- Must be a proven leader who can influence others with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization. Knowledge of European and North American safety compliance standards preferred. Global grid interconnection requirements an asset.
- Solid experience and business acumen with respect to managing project financials. Customer focused with good relationship building and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly motivated and an independent leader comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess good written and oral presentation skills and the ability to communicate ideas effectively to senior management.
- Effective time management and organizational skills; ability to manage multi-cultural and global team, be a team player in a number of projects within a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with aspects of engineering design, product development (stage-gate process), market requirements and functional specifications
- Availability for typically 5% to 15% domestic and international travel depending on the stage of the project
We seek out and reward people for
being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the
status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity
of the communities
which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity
are seen as a real
value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit
an online application to be considered
This position will be
It is the policy
Schneider Electric to provide
equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified
individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin,
ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status,
or any other
legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric
does not accept
resumes and will not be responsible for fees
related to such.
Primary Location: CA-British Columbia-Burnaby
Unposting Date: Ongoing