- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and deploying the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As a Technician, you'll deploy and maintain Google's advanced Data Center Server and Network Infrastructure. You'll also participate in or lead local project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
In this role, duties range from the physical deployment of data center-related technology to working closely with the various stakeholders. It will fall to you to ensure that our goals, missions and projects are successfully delivered, and, more importantly, that they are repeatable across our global array of data centers. This position offers a great introduction to the wider engineering world at Google. Depending of your area of interest, capabilities, and geographical mobility, you will have the opportunity to develop either within Hardware Operations or move towards software development, engineering, networking operations or our project management groups.Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting computer and server hardware.
- Experience with networking protocols.
- Experience navigating and troubleshooting operating systems.
- Experience working within a data center or network operation center environment.
- Experience in maintaining and monitoring server systems.
- Experience in project leadership and management.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with teams to overcome challenges.
- Ability to adapt to changes in a dynamic work environment.
- Contribute and lead efforts and projects in the maintenance and support of Cloud Region infrastructure.
- Lead complex troubleshooting and resolve escalated technical challenges.
- Help test and troubleshoot new server hardware components and designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot Linux OS-related challenges on servers.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate