- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Req Id: 247511
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Company: Bell Media
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Shift work including evenings, weekends, overtime and on-call will be required
Under the direction of the Manager of Engineering, this multi-talented and motivated team player will be responsible for maintenance of all TV and Radio broadcast equipment, including, but not limited to:
- High power transmitters
- Production equipment
- Electronic News Gathering equipment, cameras and accessories
- Radio Systems including AM and FM Transmitters
- May be required to work in restricted or close quarters
- Flexibility with schedule is required in response to emergency repair needs
- IT and Networking Systems
- Travel to remote sites as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary education in Broadcasting Technology a must
- IT and Networking experience an asset
- Ability and willingness to work outside in all climates
- Knowledge of all major television broadcast equipment is a definite asset
- Professional attitude and disposition in dealing with staff and Management
- Must have initiative and organizational skills, be eager to learn, be flexible, and willing to help co-workers where required
- Must possess a valid driving licence and clean abstract
- Must have the ability to act as a team player, see the big picture, and work under pressure. Must have superior judgement and ability to multi-task a variety of functions while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Must have a focus and track record of superior customer service
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Alberta : Edmonton
Application Deadline: 12/11/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or (see below) to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at (see below) .
Created: Canada, AB, Edmonton
- communication and journalism