- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Strengthened by 500 talented, innovative and passionate creators, Ubisoft Quebec keeps on growing and continues to rise. Founded in 2005, the studio has been involved in several key Ubisoft franchises over the years, developing cutting-edge expertise in major AAA game development. After working on the Assassin’s Creed® brand since 2010, the team behind the acclaimed Assassin’s Creed® Syndicate is back at E3 to unveil Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey, the brand-new instalment to come in the franchise. Developed over the last three years by Ubisoft Quebec along with multiple studios across the world, the game pushes further the transformation of the franchise in a deeper RPG experience and revolutionizes Assassin’s Creed®’s storytelling.
The texture artist will create and/or apply textures to game elements and environments.
The main and routine tasks of the texturer are to:
· Apply the project’s artistic direction when creating textures;
· Know the objects and environments created by modellers;
· Produce all required textures (nmap, spec, diffuse, etc.) to meet quality standards;
· Create or modify textures;
· Use good judgement and expertise to optimize the number of textures that are produced and their uses;
· Generate the object mapping to which he/she is assigned;
· Play a proactive role with the team of modellers and lighting technicians to adapt textures to their needs and constraints;
· Verify the quality of the textures once they are imported into the game and make any necessary improvements;
· Correct the texture bugs entered by lighting technicians to eliminate anomalies;
· Carry out all other related tasks.
· Diploma in modeling, textures for film/TV or equivalent;
· Academic training in drawing (vanishing point, perspective, shadows and lights, proportions, etc.).
Minimum 3 years’ experience in modelling, texture, lighting and image processing or relevant experience.
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Good observation skills
· Ability to accept feedback
· Ability to adapt to change
· Ability to work under pressure
· Creativity (originality and resourcefulness in problem-solving)
· Bilingualism (French-English)
· Knowledge of Zbrush, Photoshop, 3dsmax, Substance Painter and Designer
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.