- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers' expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
- Training Coordinator - Health and Safety
- Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Specialist
To obtain the highest possible degree of safety for employees.
This position is responsible for the planning, establishing, implementing and maintaining a variety of health, safety and training programs.
- Coordinate and track all training for employees, new hires and temporary workers.
- Assist in the development of job specific training programs
- Act as main point of contact for Alchemy training. Assist with maintenance of Alchemy system, troubleshoot issues as they arise, provide training to Supervisors and new users, and input training records into database as needed
- Assist departmental managers with design and upload of new training courses
- Assist the Departmental Managers in recommending training that will give our team members all the required training needed as well as providing training to have people excel in their jobs
- Ensure the facility meets all Corporate, regulatory and insurance requirements with regards to safety
- Working knowledge of Federal, Provincial regulations of existing and upcoming legal obligations and requirements of associated programs and policies
- Assist Safety Specialist to develop and maintain safety Policies and Programs
- Facilitates employee-led behavior-based safety process in a team environment
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement in all area of safety
- Adhere to all applicable job procedures as outlined in SOP manual
- Adhere to GMPs and Health and Safety rules as outlined in employee handbook.
- Keep work area clean and clear of hazards
- Report any unsafe conditions, incidents or injuries to supervisor immediately
- Use all prescribed personal protective equipment
- Ensure GMP's and safe food handling practices are being followed
- Monitor and enforce GMP compliance by all operators
- Ensure all work areas are clean and organized and free of spills, water, wood, and debris
- Complete incident reports for all FM/GMP incidents
- Follow up with any reports of unusual people or behaviours
- Perform all other duties assigned
- Primarily in contact with:
- Bakery Director - reporting issues and setting direction (daily or as needed)
- Employees & Supervisors - Safety and training related issues (daily or as necessary)
- Government Departments, such as MOL/WSIB (as needed)
- Human Resources Department - (daily or as needed)
- Perform all other duties assigned
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Trouble shooting skills, deals with conflict effectively
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills
- Self starter and independent
- Service oriented
- Must have excellent planning and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and strong follow up
- Excellent knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and WSIB Regulations
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- College/University diploma or degree related to Health & Safety or working towards diploma
- Prior experience in a Health and Safety and/or training role
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Physical demands may also include reaching, bending, lifting (up to a maxiumum of 50lbs) and performing repetitive actions
- Use a computer keyboard and monitor
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- ARYZTA is a 24 hour/7 day manufacturing operation
- The temperature of the environment within the production area can range from 58 - 80 degrees farenheit depending on the department
- Frozen Warehouse may have temperatures reaching 10.4 farenheit
- The production areas are often loud, exceeding 85 decibels, due to the machinery that is running; earplugs are required to be worn while in the bakery at all times
- Depending on postion, some employees may be exposed to dust; dust masks and respirators are available if required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in a seated office environment
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.