- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- LLOYDMINSTER CA
Posting End Date: Jan 3, 2010
Posting will expire at 11:59 pm local time.
One of Husky's advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we've got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally - as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Reporting to the Thermal Training Sr. Supervisor, this position will be responsible for instructional design and classroom delivery of various programs and initiatives covering Occupational and technical material. The primary goal is to increase employee competency and workplace performance. This role will be directly involved in the development and refinement of the Thermal Training Program as well as Operator Competency Management to meet corporate, insurance underwriters, and government audit requirements.
This position is based in Lloydminster and requires the successful candidate to live in the Lloydminster area. We encourage all applicants to review the following websites about living and working in the Lloydminster area:
http://www.lloydminster.ca http://lloydminstertourism.ca http://www.lloydminstereconomy.ca
- Perform needs assessments - assess the knowledge and skillset of personnel
- Design, develop and deliver curriculum including lesson/teaching plans and evaluation tools
- Manage and report on the training occurrences
- Develop and oversee the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals
- Direct structured learning experiences and monitor training programs
- Deliver training courses and conduct audits
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of learned skills and techniques
- Champion and comply with Husky's High Reliability Organization standards and expectations.
- Minimum 2 years experience with classroom delivery/facilitation
- Minimum 2 years experience with the coordination, development, implementation and delivery of technical training material
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design methods
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the oil and gas industry (Thermal SAGD operations experience would be an asset
- Proficiency with computers is required (experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, SAP and LMS)
- Experience with Process and Safety management systems would be an asset (ie HAZOP, PHA's, LOPA, modern safety management)
Education & Professional Designations
- Minimum Grade XII diploma or equivalent
- Technology diploma, degree, or trade certification or equivalent would be an asset
- Formal training in instructional design, curriculum development, and classroom facilitation is preferred. Candidates with commensurate work experience will be considered
- Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP) or Certified Training practitioner (CTP) would be an asset
- A valid, clean Class 5 driver's license is required. For this position you will be required to maintain a Class 5 driver s license, a satisfactory driving record, and adhere to the appropriate Company policies and guidelines. A Driver's abstract will be one of the background checks requested in the Pre-employment Screening for the final candidate
- This position is located in Lloydminster. Majority of time is in the office; however, there may be physical demands as well as working in various environmental conditions as occasional travel to field sites is required.
- As this position has been identified as safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drug assessments.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and excel in a high work load environment.
- Excellent presentation/facilitation & training skills (ability to conduct & lead group meetings).
- Technical Professional Skills
- Drives for Results
- Forward Thinking
- Change Agility
- Develops Potential
- Communicates Effectively
- Works Collaboratively
Please note that pre-employment background checks are pre-conditions to Husky employment offers and must be completed successfully before you are confirmed to start with Husky.
At Husky, we respect diversity and embrace an inclusive culture. We value uniqueness and different perspectives as they play a critical role in our success. To achieve this, individuals are selected based on qualifications, merit, and abilities and we encourage applications from everyone including visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, women, and persons with disabilities.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company. It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky s balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.