- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
70:20:10! This is a learning model based on the self-reporting of nearly 200 executives when asked how they learned. With 70% of learning happening on the job, 20% via mentoring and coaching and 10% in classroom courses and reading, today’s training specialists are agile
leaders constantly monitoring how adults learn and retain information. If you enjoy synthesizing knowledge, translating it for others and relentless about empowering people to maximize their potential, this role is for you!
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Based on needs assessment, and in collaboration with brand and sales management, develop and deliver appropriate learning interventions following the principles of adult learning for various sales meeting, continuous learning education and new sales representatives
• Measure impact of interventions and feed into continuous improvement loop for future use.
• Leverage, where it makes sense, new technologies to develop and deliver new learning interventions.
• Prioritize training interventions among brands in the assigned portfolio/franchise in order to elevate overall sales force performance.
• Ensure learning interventions are aligned with strategic priorities.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor degree (e.g. Education, Instructional Design, Science, Commerce), with a minimum of 4 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with at least 2 years of specialty sales experience (oncology is an asset) and 2 years of managing training projects in a head office environment.
• Familiarity with educational technology, adult learning principles, behavioural change, selling skills and instructional design.
• Team player, strong leadership presence and verbal and written communication skills.
• Willingness to travel (15% of the time).
• Bilingual (French and English).
Business Unit ONCOLOGY BU
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma Canada
Functional Area Sales
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.