- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
00% - 25%
Job Posting End Date:
April 19, 2019
Job Description SummaryThe Transportation Planner is responsible for planning and managing shipments from Minute Maid sites to customers and intra-company shipments. Typical daily load volumes under management by this role will be ~100 and will vary based on complexity of site(s) managed and business needs. The planners are key members of each production management team involved in daily operations while also linked with strategic team involved in carrier business reviews.
The Transportation Planner is the leader/business owner of their assigned area of responsibility. This includes responsibility and accountability for service performance versus goal and financial performance. Each planning resource is accountable for fully leveraging the Oracle Transportation Management system’s capabilities and are responsible for analyzing key performance indicators and implementing corrective actions balancing service and costs.Function Related Activities/Key Responsibilities
- Daily load planning & execution for area of responsibility
- Utilizing a TMS system (OTM, SAP); Troubleshooting TMS System
- Proactive identification and resolution of service issues (On Time Performance and Primary, Tender Acceptance, etc.)
- Coordination and proactive communication to changes of load status with internal/external stakeholders (Plants, Warehouses, Customers, Distributors, Customer Service, etc.)
- Lead and Participate in daily / weekly / monthly Operational Routines including On Boarding New Suppliers
- Weekend and Night Coverage & Issue Resolution for Critical Customer Delivery Issues
- Performing additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree preferred, but Highschool required
Related Work Experience:
- 2 – 5 years of experience required.
- Minimum Level: Proficient Verbal & Written Communication skills, Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Problem Solving, Analytics, Budget Management.
- Preferred Level: DOT familiarity, Transportation / Logistics / Supply Chain, SAP, TMS Systems such as Oracle Trans. Management system or Trans Planning related system, Problem Solving, Analytics and Budget Management.
Coca-Cola Limited is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We have a number of programs and policies in place to support this goal. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact our HR Shared Service team by calling 1-877-677-6774. Coca-Cola Limited will consult with all applicants with a disability who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicants individual accessibility needs.
- GROWTH MINDSET: Demonstrates curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- SMART RISK: Makes bold decisions/recommendations.
- EXTERNALLY FOCUSED: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices or ideas.
- PERFORMANCE DRIVEN AND ACCOUNTABLE: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- FAST/AGILE: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- EMPOWERED: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
About the company
The Coca-Cola Company has, on occasion, introduced other cola drinks under the Coke brand name. The most common of these is Diet Coke, with others including Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola, Diet Coke Caffeine-Free, Coca-Cola Cherry, Coca-Cola Zero, Coca-Cola Vanilla, and special versions with lemon, lime, or coffee. In 2013, Coke products could be found in over 200 countries worldwide, with consumers downing more than 1.8 billion company beverage servings each day