- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 36688
Position Number: 20008060
Posting End Date: December 10, 2019
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Department/Unit: Ambulatory Care Relief Team
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date: 01/31/2020
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 8.25
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $ 18.265, $ 18.813, $ 19.377, $ 19.958, $ 20.557, $ 21.174
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Position Overview Reporting to the Manager of Patient Care or Nurse In-Charge and working as part of a multidisciplinary team, the incumbent receives patients to clinic/unit and ensures appropriate documentation is completed accurately. Acts as communication link for the unit, answering telephone calls, determining urgency, and forwarding calls or taking and relaying messages. Obtains, assembles and maintains charts. Transcribes physicians' orders. Schedules appointments/tests for patients and obtains test results. Performs a variety of tasks for the care and comfort of patients. Prepares payroll information for the area. Maintains clinic/unit supplies, compiles statistical information and performs other miscellaneous duties as required. Enters patient data into applicable information systems. Follows all HSC policy and procedures and or specific clinic standard operating procedures.
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- Current hospital based information systems/programs; scheduling systems/programs preferred.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards.
- Successful completion of a recognized Unit Clerk training program required.
- Medical terminology (75% pass mark) required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Typing/keyboarding skills minimum 40 wpm required.
- Excellent command of the English language (both oral and written).
- Ability to organize, manage time and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and seek assistance as necessary.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to operate information technology equipment as required, eg fax, photocopier, computer, etc.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- Preference will be given to candidates competent in an Aboriginal language and/or knowledgeable in Aboriginal customs, beliefs, and practices.
- Must be able to function effectively in a stressful environment with frequent interruptions.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- scientists and researchers