- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Software Developer (New University Grad)
Picture yourself working with the world’s best employees. Join the StorageGRID team at NetApp and become a part of one of the top 30 Best Multinational Workplaces in the world as ranked by the Great Place to Work Institute.
NetApp's Vancouver Technology Center is pioneering the development of StorageGRID Webscale object storage, cloud compatible software handling the exponential growth in big data. This is your chance to work alongside a group of talented developers, impart your vision, and rapidly launch the latest cloud storage software. If you are looking to master a technology, language, or development environment, we know you will fit in with our team.
Your incredible OO design and C++ skills will create opportunities to contribute clean code. Naturally, you are as comfortable solving our customer’s big data challenges by writing new code as you are improving developer productivity by refactoring. You are opinionated while flexible and know when to adopt new technologies.
We are true believers of Agile development and have been on the journey for many years. Since you maintain supreme levels of communications with your peers, we won’t inundate you with process and documentation.
If you want to ship an awesome product, but above all, want to be an integral part of the team that makes this happens, please contact us.
Throughout the world, leading organizations count on NetApp to manage and store their data. From the edge of the universe with CERN’s Large Hadron Collider, to the edge of human endurance in Formula One auto racing, we help our customers do things they couldn’t before—at speeds you never thought possible.
- Implement and verify systems/subsystems
- Support inter-dependent development and testing activities
- Coding and unit testing
- Designing and architecture
- Performance analysis
- C++, Go, Ruby, Python, and/or Java
- OO design, network programming, HTTP, and AWS APIs
- Cassandra or similar NoSQL databases
- Distributed systems
- Linux environment with containers
- Agile, TDD, and continuous integration
- 1-2years experience preferred but not required.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required.