- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Req Id: 247566
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they're the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you're excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Within the Network Division, we are a team of 200 experts in various technologies that supports Contact Center, voice, video applications and server infrastructure for 50+ customers. Every day brings us opportunities to experiment with new ways of doing things as we support, improve or automate the management of environments under our leadership. We are looking for a Unix System Administrator, dynamic and experienced, who can help us chart our future!
Are you looking for...
- A cool and flexible community where teamwork takes on a lot of importance?
- A team that transforms, experiments, takes risks and trusts its members?
- Opportunities to innovate by working on different technologies: Legacy and cutting-edge?
- The opportunity to demonstrate your Scripting and programming skills using innovative and challenging methods by automating our manual recurring tasks and eliminate waste?
- Challenges? Belonging to an operational team, you will have to support the Servers of our various customers, solve problems or implement changes. You will be part of a 7/24 rotational support.
- Have fun? You will certainly find some by participating in our various Team Building activities.
Do you want to...
- Share and improve your technical knowledge?
- Communicate with confidence and see problems as learning opportunities?
- Make teamwork a priority? One for all, all for one?
- Be creative and never let yourself overwhelm by what seems "impossible", because there is always a solution to any problem?
... Then you will easily find your place in the team and we are excited to know you!
What are we looking for…
- Someone with a minimum of 7+ years experience in systems administration in a production environment. But, hey, if you think you can take the challenge with less experience, throw yourself!
- Someone with Expert level knowledge on different versions of RedHat, Solaris an asset.
- Someone with good experience in management of OpenShift and container platforms such as Kubernetes.
- Someone who, through his leadership, is a rallying force and acts as a spiritual guide within his expertise.
- Someone who will identify and eliminate, by any means imaginable and relentless, all recurring manual tasks by automating them with the help of Python, Shell Script, Powershell or any other programming/Scripting language that you master as a pro!
- Someone who has knowledge of automation and orchestration tools like Satellite, Ansible, Puppet and Code Management Tools (GIT) and sees them as a new ideology.
- Someone who is very resourceful and who solves technical problems "eyes closed", who does not hesitate to share his knowledge or to ask for help when he feels cornered, his shoulders clinging to the wall.
- An individual who is willing to go out of his way to satisfy his client or help his team.
- Someone for whom Agile, Scrum, DevOps, IaC are not like "Klingon". Or it s because you are an expert in Klingon!
- An individual with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- A person with a good sense of humor (Clearly an asset). This will allow your colleagues to play you tricks without fear!
- Bilingualism (French and English)
This will allow you to ensure the technical management of environments from an internal and multi-client perspective. To assume the various responsibilities related to the maintenance of our operations such as the support of various requests like incidents, service requests, problems, changes, knowledge management, capacity management, security and vulnerabilities. By providing technical leadership to the different levels of support by supporting them on a daily basis.
Other skills that are cool to have and be well versed in...
- Open-source software stacks such as Apache, DNS and DHCP, LDAP
- MySQL, Postgres and Oracle software.
- Veritas NetBackup, CommVault CommCell, NetApp
- Principles of security (SecOps) practices such as server hardening and auditing tools
- Networking concepts (OSI Layer 1-7)
- Management of SAN and NAS storage environment knowledge.
- RHV knowledge, VMWare is an asset.
- General knowledge of Windows server platforms and acronyms such as GPO, AD, FSMO is an asset.
Want to get on board with us?
Bilingualism is a requirement (English and French)
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 12/18/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or (see below) to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at (see below) .
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal