- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
UX Designer - RACE21™
Posting Date: October 10, 2019
Closing Date: November 8, 2019
With a strong history of innovation for over 100+ years, we are Canada's largest diversified natural resource company looking to embark on our next chapter.
Being part of the RACE21™ team, you'll be leading the charge of a company-wide renewal of technology and infrastructure - a high-tech transformation of mining into the next generation.
With the financial backing and commitment from our leadership, we envision a fully-integrated agile digital platform that will:
• Renew, Automate, and Connect material, processes, equipment flows, and data systems to expand and enable a broad application of advanced analytics, robotics, and artificial intelligence
• Empower our employees by investing in digital skills and capabilities to enhance creativity and innovation - increasing sustainability, safety, and performance in real time, unlocking resource base knowledge and improving planning for optimal resource extraction.
We are world-class leaders in sustainability and safety - and we are building a better world for the next generation with lasting competitive advantages, from 2021 and beyond.
Reporting to the Manager of Product, the UX Designer - RACE21™ is responsible for three core activities: to design a coherent and attractive experience for the user, taking into account fit with other channels, sketch out the mock ups and make high fidelity wireframes, and lastly create the user testing plan and execute on this, eg conducting panels, surveys, interviews, and playing back the results to the lab.
There are multiple positions for UX Designer.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead the user experience and interface efforts for the team, ensuring the delivery of a quality product
- Create mockups and wire frames for both mobile and web pages that the Front End developer can translate into code
- Produce high quality graphics and visual elements
- Create prototypes that showcase the user flow and interactions
- Conduct user experience research and testing through media such as A/B testing, interviews, etc.
- Experience with designing consumer quality products including: mobile, enabling business capability and objectives through technology
- Experience within industry and knowledge is a plus
- Ability to design clear and creative frames to guide team
- Graphical and Visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software, eg Invision, Adobe suite, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Axure,
- Experience with planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing and rapid prototyping Agile Experience
- Solid knowledge and experience with Agile software development
- Experience as a developer on an agile team is a plus
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate and optimize design based on the value to the user and the business
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Comfortable working with quick turnaround times and deadlines
- Passionate about resolving user pain points through great design
- Sees value in iterative approach to design
- Strong sense of ownership of solution and not afraid to speak up to ensure the user angle is heard by the Product Owner
- Believes in culture of transparency and trust
- Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset to span across UI design, strategy and testing
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources