- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Req ID: 71580
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a VDI Systems Integration Engineer to join our team in Vancouver, British Columbia (CA-BC), Canada (CA) .
The VDI Systems Integration Engineer is a seasoned professional with a proven track record of relying on their innovation, creativity, technical prowess and leadership skills to deliver robust, efficient and stable solutions to their clients. The Engineer is a resource who has demonstrable experience supporting and managing large enterprise environments.
Applicants should be highly-motivated, technology-driven, possess strong communication skills, can develop strong cross-group collaboration and is willing to take on the challenge of dealing with ambiguity. Candidate should also have a broad understanding of both server and desktop/application virtualization.
- Support complex system configurations and standards for Citrix, VMware and MS HyperV platforms
- Assess and implement complex VDI/App Delivery Virtualization projects using various technologies
- Develop repeatable standards and implementation processes to ensure product uniformity and quality
- Directly interact with clients, account managers, and peers in support of complex VDI/App Delivery environments
- Apply best practices, strategies, methodologies, and approaches to large scale projects
- Participate in the update of support documentation
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
- Participate in the creation of work instructions and knowledge base articles
- Participate in the Change Management and other ITIL processes
- 5 years of IT infrastructure technical implementation experience required
- 5 years of engineering experience related to x86 technical offerings such as VMware, Microsoft, and Citrix.
- Knowledge of storage subsystems.
- Server hardware fundamentals
- Advanced and proven track record of engineering and supporting highly available Citrix environments involving XenApp and/or XenDesktop. (CCA highly preferred)
- Technical Knowledge on VMware product line (vSphere, Horizon View in particular) and SQL (VCA VMware Certified Associate highly preferred)
- In-depth direct system engineering experience involving hardware, software, and services solutions for x86 Solutions.
- Extensive skills with Windows Networking, Active Directory, and profile management.
- Networking concepts (TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls, Network Security)
- Thorough understanding of enterprise data center technologies including Networking, Security, TCP/IP, SAN and NAS, physical datacenter practices
- Accurate ticket documentation of the support request and troubleshooting steps taken
- Maintenance of operational systems/resources on the customer environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess, implement and troubleshoot IT Infrastructure systems and configurations in the designated practice using procedures, scripts, and templates.
- Demonstrated engineering expertise (gather requirements, problem solve and recommend) in mid-sized and Fortune 1000 customer environments
- Demonstrated ability to achieve a high level of Customer Satisfaction on all engineering engagements
- Respect deadlines and procedures agreed at team level or with the customer
- Ability to listen, learn and improve
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.