- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 69891
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Vice President is responsible for supporting the achievement of the Bank’s information security objectives of integrity, confidentiality/privacy, availability and continuity, and the delivery of information security for the Scotiabank Group through:
- Managing the global cyber security services team supporting Scotiabank and subsidiaries. This includes the development and maintenance of cyber security products and services that are required by international regulations and industry best practices.
- Designing, implementing and managing the operations of vulnerability management services required to identify and detect cyber/information security deviations from policies and standards.
- Managing cyber security incidents according to bank standards and industry/regulatory requirements. This includes the tactical management of the incident (response) as well as identifying trends and root causes of cyber security failings to continually improve the banks cyber security posture.
- Designing, implementing and managing the banks processes, procedures, products, services and standards related to Data Loss Prevention, Forensics and E-Discovery.
- Designing, implementing and operationalizing new tools and technologies in support of the banks cyber security strategy.
- Developing and implementing the global cyber security policy and strategy across all major geographical teams.
- Identifying industry developments related to cyber security through participating in industry consortiums, associations and forums.
- Identifying, communicating and escalating internal and external cyber security threats to all areas of the bank, including various boards of directors.
- Designing, implementing and operating cyber security controls across the global bank related to cyber security.
- Participation and influencing the overall IS&C strategy, vision and leadership team by providing insights, assistance where required and input into major projects and initiatives.
This function is considered to be the Bank’s central point of reference/core competency group for reliable cyber security operations and cyber security incident management.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the company
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and Asia-Pacific. We are dedicated to helping our 23 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets. With a team of more than 88,000 employees and assets of $896 billion (as at July 31, 2016).
Scotiabank es el banco internacional de Canadá y un destacado proveedor de servicios financieros en Norteamérica, América Latina, el Caribe y Centroamérica, y Asia-Pacífico. Estamos comprometidos en ayudar a mejorar la situación de nuestros 23 millones de clientes a través de una completa gama de asesoría, productos y servicios en los sectores de banca personal y comercial, gestión patrimonial, y banca privada, corporativa y de inversión, y mercados de capital. Con un equipo de más de 88,000 empleados y con $ 896,000 millones en activos (al 31 de julio de 2016).
La Banque Scotia est la banque internationale du Canada et un leader parmi les fournisseurs de services financiers en Amérique du Nord, en Amérique latine, dans les Antilles, en Amérique centrale et en Asie-Pacifique. Elle s’est donné pour mission d’aider ses 23 millions de clients à améliorer leur situation au moyen de conseils et d’une vaste gamme de produits et de services, dont des services bancaires aux particuliers, aux entreprises et aux sociétés, des services bancaires privés, d’investissement et de gestion de patrimoine ainsi que des services liés aux marchés des capitaux. Au 31 juillet 2016, l’effectif de la Banque Scotia s’élevait à plus de 88 000 employés et son actif à 896 milliards de dollars.