- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Actuarial Internship 80 – 100%, temporary (6 months) - 190008NU
In this role based in Zurich, you will be part of the Quantitative and Actuarial Projects Team in Group Risk Management. As an Actuarial Intern, you will work directly with experienced actuaries to gain hands on and real world application of actuarial principles. You will have the support, guidance and supervision of a mentor. You will be able to use your work to write your Master thesis.
As an Actuarial Intern your main responsibilities will involve one of the following:
- Support the modelling teams in developing, maintaining and documenting capital or valuation models
- Support the development of a probabilistic model for modelling framework for life insurance
- Support the validation team by contributing to the development, implementation and execution of validation tools and test
Your Skills and Experience
As an Actuarial Intern your skills and qualifications include:
- Actively pursuing a Master’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other related field
- Planning to pursue an actuarial qualification (per local society)
- Understanding of risk and capital modelling would be an advantage
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience in R programming or python would be an advantage
- Strong communication and relationship building capabilities
- Fluent written and spoken English is a must
Work location is Zurich. Occasional travel could be necessary.
If you value an exciting and varied working environment and meet the above requirements, then we look forward to receiving your application by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
You can find additional information about Zurich as an employer on our career site.
Here you will find further information on our candidate journey.
Zurich Virtual Tour
Enter the fascinating World of Zurich! Learn more about our company and meet some of our employees personally in the Zurich Virtual Tour.
Who we are
Zurich is a strong brand - more than 1.4 million Swiss customers place their trust in our products and services. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, helping our customers in 210 countries and territories to understand and protect themselves from risk. In order to deliver our services, we offer our employees flexible working models and interesting opportunities for further training & development. As a Zurich employee you benefit from a multitude of advantages as well as a strong culture, characterized by acceptance, diversity and team spirit.
At Zurich, we foster a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our purpose and values are designed to protect, inspire confidence and help our employees reach their full potential. We value and defend what is right and promote opportunities for equity among our professionals, regardless of gender, disability, LGBTQ +, race, ethnicity, generations, belief, etc. Our talent acquisition and hiring processes respect this commitment daily. Join Zurich and be part of this culture.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich accepts no applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We therefore request that recruitment agencies do not submit any candidate documents neither via our employees nor through our online career portal. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees. Thank you for your understanding
About the company
Swiss insurance company, commonly known as Zurich, headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland. The company is Switzerland's largest insurer.