- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Data Lab Lead 80-100%
The Data Lab Lead understands business needs, develops and deliver innovative solutions, which create business value. Data visualization is the capability that creates an initial traction and open the doors to the data & analytics world. Based on proof points, the Data Lab Lead has the responsibility to convert the initial work into much larger solutions that impact positively Zurich Insurance. You will work with the Head of Data Lab and Visualization, Data Lab Design Lead, Data Lab Build and Data Science Lead to develop the Data Lab strategy and vision.
As a Data Lab Lead your main responsibilities will involve:
- Collaborating closely with organizational unit leadership, data and analytics teams to understand business demand, identifying new innovative solutions and building/leading their implementation.
- Active, "hands-on" participation, working directly with stakeholders to design solutions.
- Managing the lab including communication, stakeholder involvement, metrics and reporting, conveying business value recognized through lab sessions and related outputs.
- Facilitating the conversion of the data Lab solutions into much larger solutions.
- Managing plan for maintaining the Data lab in Zurich Switzerland and other locations if required.
- Acting as deputy of the Head of Data Lab and visualization for all activities related to financial and purchasing.
- Defining key metrics / indicators to measure progress and success of the Data Lab.
- Determining which emerging issues (internal and external) are relevant to the organization's current and future data needs and ensuring strategies, policies, programs and processes incorporate these trends and address key issues and risks.
- Building and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders from organizational units and Group Functions.
- Understanding business needs and developing demand for the data lab.
- Planning and leading lab and design sessions with executives from organizational units and Group Functions
- Systematically measuring business value for the initial Data & Analytics Solutions to stop or facilitate the project conversion.
- Building and sustaining relationships with Peers, Data Lab Design Lead, Data Lab Build Lead, Data Science Lead, Project managers, Platform managers and Solution architects to design/build long lasting and impactful solutions.
- Being the delivery arm on selected strategic & innovative initiatives by bringing EDAA experts together.
- Implementing topic-oriented communities of practice providing a platform for bringing together experts across Zurich working on the same topics in Data Analytics space.
- Keeping abreast of company and industry trends in data and analytics, as well as visualization and analytics tools and technology.
- Understanding leading applications of data and analytics used in the insurance and financial services sector and in other companies.
Your Skills and Experience
As a Studio Lead for the Zurich Data Lab your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- PhD degree (or equivalent) in Data Analytics and 8 or more years of experience in Data and Analytics field.
- Direct experience with visualization tools and techniques and user experience driven design.
- Consulting experience (internal or external). Experience leading and facilitating collaborative solution design or strategy sessions.
- High level influencer - The position's core deliverables rely on influencing or negotiating with a broad range of internal clients, specifically executives and/or senior management. Expectation of the need to employ specialized techniques and substantial experience. Relationships typically involve persuading or countering opposition.
- Business acumen, effective communications and innovative thinking, knowledge of insurance industry.
- IT industry trends & directions, system development life cycle, web trends & directions, data, big data, data visualization.
- ms project