- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is
centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their
best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the
foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life- changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
The Western Europe Headquarter is looking for a motivated, self-driven individual to drive Azure adoption with the local professional developer community in Switzerland. Azure is the growth engine for Microsoft, spanning our app, infrastructure, data, and artificial intelligence businesses. This role will be accountable for driving awareness and engagement with the professional developer community, both as the local developer audience expert and as an Azure subject-matter expert. The right candidate will be a technical marketing leader with experience marketing to developers across both open-source and Microsoft development stacks, with strong developer community and evangelism roots. The right candidate will also bring a strong developer background.
DevRel leaders use their deep developer audience expertise and excellent marketing skills to bring Microsoft’s marketing and technical teams together to help professional cloud developers discover and successfully use Microsoft’s Azure platform, both through in-person 1:many engagements and at digital scale. DevRel team help drive broad awareness, skilling and adoption of Azure services to promote a self-sustaining ecosystem of skilled cloud developers.
Developer Engagement (60%)
- Be the visible thought leader, externally and internally, to the professional cloud developer audience.
- Actively engage Developers and tell the Azure story at local events and communities. Maintain technical understanding of the Azure platform (200 level) and be able to translate Azure value propositions into a locally relevant narrative that carries an authentic developer voice.
- Build and own the local Azure developer engagement plan, partnering with fellow leaders (local and corporate) to create a coherent business plan that prioritizes and customizes a local dev engagement mix of social, digital, and one-to-many experiential activities, from communities, to partners and managed customers, in alignment with the Corporate strategy and plan.
- Build, foster and maintain healthy relationships with local developer marketing and technical resources, and understand how to optimize resource utilization to execute the local developer marketing plan to grow the Azure dev pipeline.
- These resources include the local CMO team, Cloud Advocate(s), Cloud Advocate PM’s, CSEs, Azure Global Black Belts, Cloud Solution Architects, and Application Solution Architects, and local developer community leaders (Microsoft MVPs, in partnership with the CPM).
Go to Market Planning (20%)
- Plan and execute the local Developer Audience engagement and technical skills strategy for Microsoft Azure to professional developers through local Microsoft marketing engines, events and Global Engagement Programs, in alignment with the Corporate marketing strategy and plan.
- Set local plan and strategy (online, offline) from community to partners and managed customers from a technical developer audience perspective, and influence local cloud developer community leaders (Influencers, MSP, MVP, RD, non-MS) to earn Azure advocacy. Use influence within your network to evangelize Azure.
- Conduct reviews across the business to drive aligned execution and provide timely feedback that will shape the corporate engagement strategy.
Business Orchestration (20%)
- Identify and orchestrate strategic market-making plays. Own local business management strategy, partnering with fellow leaders to interpret opportunity and risk.
- Determine key insights and drive recommendations to accelerate adoption of Microsoft Azure back into the local leadership team.
- Orchestrate the technical skills journey aligned with the technical demands in the country aligned to the country plan.
Capture, analyze and report key performance indicators, insights and metrics and drive informed feedback into Corporate teams to improve global and local (“glocal”) execution plans and outcomes
About the company
At Microsoft, we aim to empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more — and we empower our employees the same way.
Everyone who works here has the power to build on. Those two little words show the way we think. They’re a challenge to go beyond what’s thought possible, and they’re how we help billions of people use technology to get more out of each day.
We build on the work of others and invite them to build onto ours, always striving for ways to make great ideas even better.
What can you build on?
Here at Microsoft, you’ll build on your curiosity, your passions and your drive to make a difference.
You’ll have access to world-class tools, some of the industry’s brightest minds and a nearly infinite range of opportunities across a truly global organization. You’ll have the opportunity to build on the company’s wide-ranging accomplishments to do something even more incredible.
You’ll have the freedom to collaborate, explore, set your own rules and take your career wherever you want it to go.
Feel the inspiration that comes from working with wildly talented people and the rush that comes from doing work that makes a lasting impact. Recent projects like HoloLens provide just a glimpse of the remarkable things we will accomplish.
There has never been a more exciting time to join our team. Come build on Microsoft’s far-reaching momentum. Build on your career. Build on what we do and how we do it.
Specialties: Business Software, Design Tools, Developer Tools, Entertainment Products, Hardware, Home & Educational Software, Tablets, Search, Advertising, Servers, Windows Operating System, Windows Applications & Platforms, Smartphones, Cloud Computing