- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The EMEA Warehouse & Distribution Head is to provide comprehensive transparency for all levels of regional distribution costs including labor, capital and freight. The individual is responsible for development of diagnostic benchmarking, assessment of distribution footprint transformation options, identification of operational improvements/savings, and execution of key programs in support of global distribution strategy. You will coordinate and align with the Regional Supply Chain Head to liaise with the commercial organization to address customer needs through supply chain capabilities.
• Owner of diagnostic benchmarking and gatekeeper for associated global and regional costs regarding distribution and freight.
• Subject matter expert and internal consultant for all distribution functions, providing partnership and guidance with Commercial Operations and Supply Chain. Support to local operations (DCs) in terms of warehousing and transportation processes.
• Key resource for identification/assessment of operational improvements and development of business analysis.
• Lead EMEA international distribution hubs for Vision Care & Surgical
• Lead/support implementation of operational improvements. Development and management of regional distribution metrics.
• Harmonization of global distribution network across all regions.
• Key contributor for regional/global distribution strategy: cost/process optimization and/or footprint/network transformation (relocation, centralization, insourcing/outsourcing, integration)
• Lead/support execution of key programs supporting distribution strategy.
• Internally, closely coordinate initiatives with the Global/Central functions in FW, Regional Supply Chain Head EMEA, Distribution operations (Head EMEA Distribution), EMEA BPA, EMEA local procurement, Commercial/Area management, manufacturing materials Management and Affiliate/local Distribution Management.
• Bachelor and/or MBA Degree in supply chain, engineering or technical field.
• Fluency in English essential; Knowledge/fluency of other European language preferred
• 10-15 years in various Supply Chain functions with emphasis on logistics/distribution operations and operational excellence.
• Additional experience in a regulated industry (pharmaceutical, medical device) preferred.
Business Unit MFG/TECH OPERATIONS AL
Company/Legal Entity ALCON PH LTD CHE
Functional Area Technical Operations
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.