- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
GDL Capability Development Partner
Job ID: 201911-131754
Apply For This Job
Return to Search Results
Capability Building Leader for GDLs will lead development of Global Development Leaders to maximize their potential across the LCT system. This role will work closely with Senior Leaders in Product Development including Therapeutic Area Heads, Franchise Heads, Function Heads and Global Development Leaders.
As a member of the Lifecycle Team Office, we role model behaviors and values we work to embed in the organization such as Roche Values, ReImagineD operating principles such as Fit-For-Purpose, Decision Focused & Fast, Integrated & Global, Empowered & Accountable, Customer-Centric, as well as Focus on the Right work, to Speak up and Challenge, to Take Smart Risks and to Foster Learning and Development.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
. Assess development needs for Global Development Leaders (GDLs)to enhance the leadership, scientific and drug development expertise of Global Development Leaders.
. Lead capability building efforts in support of the delivery of Pharma,GPS
and PD strategies
. Manage key stakeholder relationships with PD Therapeatuc Area (TA) Head and Franchise Heads (FH) (managers of GDLs) so that TA Heads and FS’s are best prepared to act as a leader/coach to GDLs
. Engage the PDLT Science Affinity Group and PD Chief Medical Officer in the positioning and strategy of this important PD leadership position, including the full lifecycle of a GDL from candidate identification, selection, onboarding, development in role and career path.
. Identify opportunities and lead initiatives focused on optimizing GDT/GDL functioning within the wider Global Development Team system.
. Monitor and assess capability gaps now and for future working with senior leaders of the greater development ecosystem.
. Keep a pulse of the GDL environment to identify trends that will impact the role of the GDLs and their learning needs
Qualifications, Experience, Expertise:
We are looking for a professional with Bachelor or advanced degree (BSc, MBA, Doctorate) in science and/or business and/or education or equivalent experience, and ten or more years of Development experience preferably in Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry. You will bring:
- Experience in managing multiple Projects, Strong competency in project leadership to simultaneously drive several projects and in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Experience in working with and developing strong relationships and influencing senior leaders
- Understanding of ecosystem of global development leaders
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, including a customer-focused approach and highly effective teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, paired with strong partnering and performance consulting skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- High degree of customer-focused sensitivity towards both internal and external customer and business partners
- Strong drive to create results based on clear metrics with disciplined follow-through and an ability to focus on the critical path.
- Demonstrates strong level of skill in the strategic design of learning events
- Ability to apply agile ways of working and an agile mindset to the development and delivery of solutions
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry
for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and
life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious
illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees
are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
Return to Search Results
- ms project
About the company
Genentech is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. We are among the world's leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.