- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As Senior Medical Affairs leader, you are responsible for the development and implementation of the strategy and plan of the Global Medical Affairs program(s) for Lung and Optimized Products, under the leadership of the respective GMA Franchise Head. You lead a team of Global Medical/Scientific Directors who work directly on the specific compounds and programs within assigned disease area.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead, coach, and guide Global Medical Directors who are core members of cross functional IDMTs, GPTs and IDAPS to lead the development of an integrated medical affairs strategy and plan encompassing complementation of the registration, launch preparations and life cycle management plans of a product within the disease area of Lung and its associated optimized products
• Manage budgets and resources, including budget planning for future activities within assigned disease area
• Lead strategic discussion and gains alignment across regions and functions, through generation and successful implementation of IDAPS
• Accountable for all operational aspects and drives execution of Global Medical Affairs clinical trials in partnership with global line functions, assigned Clinical Trial Heads (CTHs), and regional/country medical associates
• Ensure Medical leadership to CTT’s for Novartis sponsored GMA trials
• Prioritize and review of investigator-initiated trials and Local/Regional NVS sponsored Medical Affairs trials for assigned product(s)
• Provide medical oversight for educational events (e.g. stand-alone meetings, scientific symposia) and scientific congresses within legal and compliance regulations
• Review and approve key scientific communications, medical information documents and commercial documents within P3 legal and compliance regulations
• Provide medical input on overall publication strategy and is a key member of publication planning team providing GMA medical input on individual publication plans
• Provide medical leadership in interactions with key external stakeholders e.g. leads advisory boards
• Ensure career development of functional reports as well as other GMA colleagues through active participation in the performance management and talent planning processes. Provides on-boarding, training, and mentoring support and contributes to the performance evaluation of ICT members as appropriate
• Develop clinical components of key documents – regulatory & safety – from GMA studies supporting submissions and post-marketing commitments to HA’s, when applicable
What you’ll bring to the role:
• MD required
• More than 10 years advanced knowledge in medical/scientific area (Oncology, Hematology, Endocrinology)
• Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
• Expert operational knowledge and experience in clinical trial design and all stages of clinical trial conduct (Trial design, Start-up, Execution, Analysis, Reporting)
• Excellent knowledge of current clinical practice in Oncology / Hematology / Endocrinology or other relevant disease area
• Strong knowledge in and understanding of medical activities (including scientific communications, medical information, MSLs, and HEOR), relating to the commercialization of oncology products
• Effectively engage external stakeholders across a broad range of audiences and activities
• 5 years of experience in pharma, with minimum of 3 years in medical affairs in regional or global level.
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Business Unit ONCOLOGY BU
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.