- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
In this role you will define the enterprisewide Leadership Development strategy and agenda and ensure its execution. You will establish and maintain our aspired culture by enabling leaders to role model the Novartis Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviors. You will further build external reputation and presence.
Your responsibilities will include:
Leadership and Talent
• Develop, implement and sustain the Novartis wide strategy and roadmap to develop leaders to fill the company leadership pipeline with strong focus on diversity and inclusion in close collaboration with Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning, and D&I
• Ownership of the Executive Leadership Development portfolio (partnerships, design, execution and impact), supporting leaders at critical leadership transition points as well as accelerating early leadership talent and focusing on promoting diversity and inclusion
• In collaborating with the Learning Centre of Excellence (CoE) make ongoing leadership development content accessible to all leaders in a format that is impactful with consistent marketing and, where appropriate, delivery under the Novartis University brand
• Ensure consistency of content, approaches, frameworks throughout all Novartis Leadership Development offerings (volume leadership journeys / programs, on line learning etc.)
• Foster strong self-awareness amongst all leaders, constant practice and accountability for behavior change
• Instill a strong ethos of feedback and coaching (peer to peer as well as between managers and associates). Have specific responsibility for Executive Coaching (partners and approach) and building coaching capability within the People and Organization Function
• Develop, implement and sustain best in class systems, processes and tools as enablers. Work with Learning CoE to ensure a consistent and integrated learning infrastructure
• Active membership of the Talent, OD and Inclusion Leadership Team as well as the Novartis Learning Council
Measurement & Evaluation
• Develop and implement strategy to show impact of leadership development and return on investment of time, resources and commitment to building strong Novartis leaders in collaboration with Analytics CoE
• Review various instruments and assessments (e.g., multi-raters, assessment centers, other leadership diagnostics) to develop greater insights about leadership capability needed to support Novartis’ business strategy
Culture and Energy
• Drive the evolution towards our culture aspiration through developing leaders who role model our leadership expectations and Novartis values and behaviors
• In collaboration with the Learning CoE, foster a culture of learning and a “growth mindset” External reputation
• Build differentiated external presence and Novartis’ reputation in leadership development
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Masters in Social Sciences with additional post graduate HR educational programs
• Business fluency in written and spoken English; additional European languages can be beneficial
• Minimum 12 years HR experience with clear focus on talent management, diversity & inclusion and leadership development
• Strong understanding and application of adult development theory, behavior change, coaching, organization development, measurement & evaluation and change management
• Ability to set clear direction and energize and align others around a common direction
• Strong influencing skills; ability to land thinking and concepts in a way that resonates with business leaders
• Great judgement
• Innovative and has a passion to experiment / challenge the norm
• Strong focus on demonstrating impact
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
817 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2018. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
Business Unit Group Human Resources
Company/Legal Entity Novartis International AG
Functional Area Human Resources
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.