- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
In this role, you will lead the management of Medical Affairs (MA) franchise portfolio through resource planning/allocation, risk management, trial design excellence and implementation. You will have a complete oversight of budget and resource allocation within assigned brands for all MA activities. You will be a key partner to the GMA Franchise Medical Head (FMH), Franchise Finance Head and relevant Line Functions (LF) to achieve GMA Franchise objectives and budget compliance. Your role is to drive operational excellence through process improvement, business performance metrics and knowledge sharing across programs and franchises. Through your work, you will enable an empowered organization, which can navigate in a complex matrix environment and adjust quickly to business needs.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Be responsible to provide operations strategies and guidance to FMH, WW Brand Medical Directors and their teams to deliver effective and high quality MA plans (evidence generation, i.e. trials and non-trial activities such as medical education, medical communication…). Ensure alignment with GMA and Franchise priorities, with optimized resource allocation, efficient outsourcing strategies, and timelines and within financial target; contribute to achieve financial forecasting accuracy in collaboration with Functional Planner (FP), GDO Trial Forecast Manager (TFM) and GMA Finance.
• Maximize portfolio value in driving operational innovation through trial operational excellence and risk management.
•Challenge, identify trade-off options and make recommendations within and across MA plans considering decision point based investments and scenario planning (critical path analysis, acceleration plans), enabling to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
• Drive teams to decisions and towards agreed deliverables. Point of escalation for resolution of trial operational issues within assigned brands.
• Be accountable for Franchise GMA budget compliance together with the respective FMH and Franchise Finance Head.
•Co-chair Franchise GMA boards.
• Serve as knowledge source for other associates (SME for dedicated procedure(s)) and coordinate knowledge sharing within franchise. Lead or represent GMA in functional or cross functional initiatives; Reviewer for relevant SOPs. Be responsible for on boarding and coaching of new Franchise GMA Team member or peers from other functions on GMA structure and operating model.
• Reliable, constructive communication skills, good listening skills, actively sharing information, to cooperate and help, flexible. Breaks down barriers to teamwork at organizational levels.
• Able to see a program from a "big picture"/strategic level; able to communicate a clear vision and to set direction for the team.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Advanced degree or equivalent education/degree in life science/healthcare
• PharmD, PhD and/or MBA degree preferred
• Fluent English (oral and written)
• ≥10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience with proven global clinical research development and operations expertise. •Demonstrated leadership and accomplishment in operational aspects of clinical studies (e.g. planning, execution and tracking, budget, resource planning and allocation; management of operational issues); expert knowledge in cross-functional aspects of drug development.
• Strong management, interpersonal and problem solving skills. Ability to meet difficult timelines in a dynamic environment.
• A robust understanding of basic science/therapy area preferred and solid knowledge of global drug development process.
• Demonstrable good project management skills. Considerable organizational awareness (e.g. inter-relationship of departments, business priorities), including significant experience in matrix and high pressure environments.
• Good basic knowledge of financial processes associated to clinical trials and budget management in drug development programs.
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.