- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Global Medical Affairs Lead – Metabolic and Gut Health(Job Number: 190002SS)
Global Medical Affairs Lead – Metabolic and Gut Health
“Join an organization that brings people together to create new outcomes in health”
Nestlé Health Science, Permanent contract,
Lausanne, Switzerland act. rate 100%
Are you ready to join a transformational company in healthcare? Nestlé Health Science is an innovative and fundamentally different type of company: a health science company engaged in advancing the role of nutritional therapy to change the management of health for consumers, patients and our partners in healthcare. Nestlé Health Science is accelerating the development of its established portfolio of consumer and medical nutrition brands and is investing in research and partnerships to build a pipeline of truly novel therapeutic nutrition.
Our intent is to bring forward nutritional therapies that have proven clinical and health economic value and improve the quality of people’s lives. Nestlé Health Science plays a key role in the Nutrition, Health & Wellness ambition of our parent company Nestlé. We have privileged access to Nestlé’s R&D network, including the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences, a biomedical research Institute established at the same time as Nestlé Health Science, in January 2011.
With global headquarters in Epalinges, Switzerland, Nestlé Health Science already employs around 3,000 people. Our portfolio of nutrition solutions, diagnostics, devices and drugs, targets health areas including inborn errors of metabolism, paediatric and acute care, obesity, healthy ageing and gastrointestinal.
Bold, collaborative and focused professionals – passionate about helping build a transformational company – fit well in our organisation.
In order to deliver on NHSc aspiration to "making an impact on patient's everyday life", as a Medical Affairs Global Lead, you will strategically partner within the HealthCare community to innovate, advocate and educate to advance nutritional practices. You will gather insights from KOLs, patients and other experts to inform development of new products or to improve already existing product. You will be accountable to ensure that patient centric and HCP relevant messages are associated with any NHSc product and that the right quality of evidence is available to support those messages.
- Ensure NHSc leadership in the scientific community by liaising and partnering with external stakeholders (e.g. KOLs, Experts, Scientific Associations and Patient Associations) and sharing within NHSc relevant insights gathered to inform development and commercialization
- Deliver outstanding medical education by leading and delivering medical education to healthcare providers beyond nutrition specialist (peer-to-peer) and by training internal teams including medical liaison roles in the markets (train the trainers)
- Provide clinical substantiation to equip the markets with actionable messaging including contribution to internal deliverables (Product Dossier, etc.)
- Sculpt the publication plan, review and contribute to the writing of publications
- Assess need for additional evidence to meet patients and HCPs expectations
- Provide recommendation on Real World Evidence studies
- Inform commercial strategy throughout product lifecycle
- Monitor competitors’ activities
Education and experience
- Experience from Medical and Scientific Affairs and/or clinical experience in the therapeutic areas assigned for more than 8 to 10 years
- Experience in Life Science (Nutrition/Pharma) in Metabolic Health and/or Gut Health
- MD or PhD with deep knowledge of the clinical practice
- Market experience and/or experience of working in an international & multicultural environment
- Experience in technical / scientific writing and communication
- Experience in using scientific and clinical data in a creative and competitive way and simplifying complex concepts and data from R&D to platform and external stakeholders
- strong scientific background, proven clinical experience and good skills to translate from science to clinical development
- Fluent in English, any other language is an asset
Show us that you are an open, available and transparent communicator. You have the willingness and ability to be ‘hands on’, are intellectually inquisitive, innovative, and results-focused. Your ability to build effective relationships and teams internally/externally, and experience in working in an international and multi-cultural environment will set you apart among the other candidates. If you feel you can make a difference to our performance please apply in English at www.nestle.com/jobs. For more information, visit www.nestlehealthscience.com.
Primary Location: Switzerland-VD-Lausanne
Organization: Nestec S.A.
Job Posting: May 16, 2019, 3:48:09 PM