- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This is a unique opportunity to apply deep knowledge of immunology to enable state-of-the-art cross-species immune system safety assessments for early and late phase novel life-saving medicines. In collaboration with clinical and preclinical teams and external (academic) partners, you will lead the development of novel in-vivo, ex-vivo, in-vitro experimental approaches to assess hazard and risk for drug-induced pathophysiological changes of immune system homeostasis and immune-mediated toxicity. Ultimately, you will enhance and accelerate Novartis drug discovery and development processes to bring more effective medicines forward, safely and efficiently.
• Contribute clinically relevant endpoints, methodologies to cross-species immune system safety assessments
• Interface with clinical and preclinical teams, and collaborate with internal and external (academic) partners
• Lead the development and management of the translational immunology laboratory (humanized immune system and infectious models), and introduce, develop, implement, validate and maintain state-of-the-art technologies and lab systems
• Perform target reviews and translational immune system safety assessments for early and late development projects
• Interface with regulatory agencies
• Present scientific/technical work and achievements at internal / external meetings
• Publish internally and/or externally as appropriate; patent applications
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Education: MD/DVM and/or PhD with strong clinical experience in Internal Medicine, Immunology, and Infection Biology
• Language: Excellent communication skills and fluency in oral and written English
• Excellent scientific publication record and international reputation
• Extensive experimental immunology experience and a strong research profile in both human and preclinical model immunology
• Knowledge of chemical-induced idiosyncratic immune reactions
• Experience with all major state-of-the-art immunology technologies and approaches
• Sound understanding of chemistry and drug metabolism
• Good scientific network with external partners such as academic institutions
• Proven expertise in scientific and technical problem-solving, ideally within an international, multi-disciplinary environment
• Proven program and project management skills with the ability to manage conflicting expectations in a matrix environment
• A good understanding of the scientific disciplines involved in drug safety assessment and relevant laboratory tools and procedures related to safety assessment and risk management is advantageous
Currently we are only accepting applications from internal permanent Novartis associates for this opening. If you are self-employed, an external contractor employed by a temporary staffing company or an external worker employed by a third party service provider, please visit www.novartis.com/careers to learn about job opportunities that are available to you.
Business Unit Translational Medicine
Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG
Functional Area Research & Development
Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Regular
About the company
Novartis has a clear mission, focused strategy and strong culture, all of which we expect will support the creation of value over the long term for our company, our shareholders and society. We recognize that our business depends on the creativity, dedication and performance of our associates. We encourage associates to focus on achievement through collaboration and innovation.
A global healthcare leader, Novartis has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A pipeline of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. All of which makes us one of the most rewarding employers in our field.
Our company culture is guided by high ethical standards. Our values help guide the choices people make every day, and they define our culture and help us execute the Novartis strategy in line with our mission and vision.